iPhone XR logic board

Associate
Daughters iPhone got water damaged, screen went black and overheated. Took it to get repaired, repair man replaced screen but couldnt get it to send/receive calls, said he thought it was the baseband and couldnt repair it. Since then i`ve taken it apart and found things not screwed down, missing screws, also one thing not attached. So i put all this back together and got it to come on, but couldn`t get passed update/activate, signal lights where pulsing. So i`ve bought a logic board that was id locked, it now updates but obviously gets stuck at apple id screen. Have seen you can buy eeprom readers (qianli icopy), can i transfer the data from old logic board to the locked one so i can then use daughters apple id

Soldato
It may work, worth a shot seen as you've taken it so far.

You'd have been better just taking it to apple and buying a refurb one once they said the thing is goosed.

Not to be a dick but I don't know why people continue to use these third party repair shops they are absolutely useless.

Permabanned
If you could really do this then where is the security? that would mean if I wanted to get into any logic board phone I could just copy my eeprom to a locked board.

I'm really not sure this would be possible. If it is, then please tell me. There's 1000000000 locked phones that could be purchased and used if this was the case.

Associate
OP
That's what I was hoping it would do, transfer data from daughters broken board onto other working but locked board. I've always had android phones, you could change anything on those, but Apple lock everything down just to charge extra money I think

Back
Top Bottom