• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Hoping we get an update email this week. I think I've moved a few spots since the last update (gigabyte 3080 OC) Should be in the teens now.

Associate
love red! no not easy to read, but hey if youre interested people will make the effort. i agree trhough couldnt use yellow as sTiLz101 is using that :p
I only used the yellow so I can see at a glance which posts are mines since it stands out against the blue backdrop :) My old mans eyes aren't what they used to be and 1440p default text is tiny !

Associate
Yes been too busy elsewhere and the numbers incoming have been small and infrequent plus in the background I've been working on doing upgrades where possible, all remaining Zotac back orders are now cleared.

In short all we have back orders on now is all Asus models, Gigabyte Eagle OC and Gaming OC along with MSI Ventus 3X and a small amount of Inno3D cards. 3080 shipments are thin on the ground unfortunately and were not really seeing much if any LHR versions ship.

Were still pushing partners hard to additional 3070Ti and 3080Ti stock so we can potentially offer an upgrade programme in coming weeks/months, prices have also relaxed a little but they are still miles above MSRP's and we have been informed that for July incoming stock across all GPU's could be extremely minimal, so the second half of the year is still going to be interesting and unknown, if shortage remains, if another Covid lockdown happens and of course if BTC rallies again.

My advice remains, keep your eyes peeled, if you see a card then buy it and then cancel your order as we won't be able to fulfill all the back orders unfortunately.

Sounds good but are you expecting more Gigabyte Xtreme cards in as I am waiting on a replacement for a RMA. As there are no back orders for this card can I assume that the next card that enters your stock will be sent out to me?

Associate
at this stage I would accept, anything remotely close to an Asus strix oc, even pay a bit extra if I have too. still thinking everything is going Britain's way (or England) at the moment footy looking good, Andy Murray doing better than could be expected, and Mark cavendish won another stage of the TDF.so big giant pallet of strix could be on the way.

Associate
at this stage I would accept, anything remotely close to an Asus strix oc, even pay a bit extra if I have too. still thinking everything is going Britain's way (or England) at the moment footy looking good, Andy Murray doing better than could be expected, and Mark cavendish won another stage of the TDF.so big giant pallet of strix could be on the way.
There’s 3090’s on sale from ocuk, and 3060 and 3070’s available too

Associate
Since I ordered my card I have finished the university year and have moved out of the accommodation which I put as my delivery address (I ordered on launch day and I had no idea that the situation would be like this). I was hoping I could get the address changed to my home address so I contacted customer support (as well as the accommodation who told me to contact the sender as they will refuse delivery as I don't live there) but was told as I paid with amazon my delivery address can't be changed and I would have to rearrange delivery once the tracking is live with DPD.

I'm unsure what to do now and I was wondering if anyone has any advice for my situation?

Associate
Since I ordered my card I have finished the university year and have moved out of the accommodation which I put as my delivery address (I ordered on launch day and I had no idea that the situation would be like this). I was hoping I could get the address changed to my home address so I contacted customer support (as well as the accommodation who told me to contact the sender as they will refuse delivery as I don't live there) but was told as I paid with amazon my delivery address can't be changed and I would have to rearrange delivery once the tracking is live with DPD.

I'm unsure what to do now and I was wondering if anyone has any advice for my situation?

DPD are usually very good (in my experience). You'll get an email from them when the package is live on their system. Download their mobile app. I'm sure changing delivery address is an option from there, but they also have a phone number and a live chat for assistance!

Associate
DPD are usually very good (in my experience). You'll get an email from them when the package is live on their system. Download their mobile app. I'm sure changing delivery address is an option from there, but they also have a phone number and a live chat for assistance!
I haven't really used them that much so I'm not sure what they are like but this is most likely what I will end up doing, I was just wondering if there was any other suggestions as I don't want to risk missing the notification and not being able to change the address (the address I will be changing it to is quite a bit away from where its set to be delivered).

Associate
I haven't really used them that much so I'm not sure what they are like but this is most likely what I will end up doing, I was just wondering if there was any other suggestions as I don't want to risk missing the notification and not being able to change the address (the address I will be changing it to is quite a bit away from where its set to be delivered).

My experience was that (as I have the app installed) as soon as my OCUK delivery was handed over at 6pm the evening before, I got an email and a notification on the app that they had it, so you should be ok. Can always call in advance and ask their procedure

Associate
My experience was that (as I have the app installed) as soon as my OCUK delivery was handed over at 6pm the evening before, I got an email and a notification on the app that they had it, so you should be ok. Can always call in advance and ask their procedure
Ill definitely make sure to install the app then and if needed ill get in contact with them, thanks.

Associate
I only used the yellow so I can see at a glance which posts are mines since it stands out against the blue backdrop :) My old mans eyes aren't what they used to be and 1440p default text is tiny !
I've changed the backdrop to black/dark grey as couldn't get on with the blue!:) so the red signature stands out and it's quite visible :p

Last edited:
Associate
theres an rtx 3070 ti for £840 if anyones interested

doesn’t mean i don’t want the queue update though..

my last update was 2 weeks ago, and then 2 weeks before that - communication goes a long way even if there’s no stock
what card are u waiting for. theres another forum ran by @Gibbo who usually says what is coming in stock etc. and if there is no stock he wont post anything

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate

try again, I paid by Amazon and have moved house since purchase, I got my delivery address updated.

Associate
I've changed the backdrop to black/dark grey as couldn't get on with the blue!:) so the red signature stands out and it's quite visible :p
I still can't see the red very well - must be my old eyes but it doesn't seem to stand out against my (default?) blue background. The yellow is great with blue background.
I would do a signature system spec myself, but it's embarrassing even writing a 1060 GPU with the rest of the system being high spec! Need that 3080 to stop the embarrassment!!

Associate
I still can't see the red very well - must be my old eyes but it doesn't seem to stand out against my (default?) blue background. The yellow is great with blue background.
I would do a signature system spec myself, but it's embarrassing even writing a 1060 GPU with the rest of the system being high spec! Need that 3080 to stop the embarrassment!!
Hopefully you will be able to put your signature up soon! when your 3080 arrives! nothing wrong with a 1060, good card but a little long in the tooth now:) whereabouts are you in the q?

Associate
yeah i also follow that - but would still like the queue update to see if there has been any cancellations, i’m sure you can understand that after waiting and waiting for 10 months, a lot of people will want the queue update
Yeah I get you it’s Frustrating but sadly it’s out of OcUK’s control. I assume your waiting on an asus card? Asus are very popular so there’s a lot of back orders for those cards. You should probably consider cancelling and looking for other cards. Theres a lot of RTX 3060’s/3070’s and 3070 It’s on the market at the moment, could be beneficial to get one of those instead as depending on your queue position you may be there for a long time waiting

Associate
Producing the Queue update emails is OC's responsibility and they started producing them after a two months of pestering from customers who wanted it, this was after forum users produced a spreadsheet of estimated dates from user provided data.

They should get the one man who knows how to produce them to actually do it.

Back
Top Bottom