*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
Can anyone recommended anyone/where online for some killer ribs and brisket?

I did some for my mum a while ago and she's craving some more! My local butchers did some great ones but I won't have time to visit before the next smoke session, so online it'll have to be this time.

Soldato
@watercooledman cool cheers.

What's the main difference between point end and flat brisket? The descriptions seems pretty similar (and price)

EDIT: AND the difference between loin ribs, spare ribs and breast ribs!?

It was much easier in the butcher! I just asked for ribs and brisket!

(These will both be smoked for hours and hours)

Associate
@watercooledman cool cheers.

What's the main difference between point end and flat brisket? The descriptions seems pretty similar (and price)

EDIT: AND the difference between loin ribs, spare ribs and breast ribs!?

It was much easier in the butcher! I just asked for ribs and brisket!

(These will both be smoked for hours and hours)

A brisket is made of two different muscles connected by a fatty layer. The point has a very different texture & fat content to the flat, it is more tender and hence easier to cook and also crucially what you need to make burnt ends.
The flat is a much leaner muscle and can be tricky to cook perfectly, still very tasty and juicy if done correctly. The flat is what you would also use to make pastrami.

Loin ribs - probably means baby back ribs.
Spare ribs and breast ribs are the same thing.

Soldato
From T&G, I always order the spare ribs. They are your typical large racks for BBQing with a decent amount of meat on them. The loin ribs are smaller baby backs.

Associate
Well my first time cooking beef short ribs was a great success. I was a bit worried that I'd cooked them too quick because when I wrapped them after 3 hours of smoking the internal temp was 200°F. Even though the temp was high I still wrapped them in foil with beef broth and cooked them for a further 3 hours. After that I left them resting in a cool box for 3 hours until my friends arrived.
When I took my first bite I instantly fell in love this type of rib. The meat is so juicy and tender! Needles to say they went down a treat and everyone loved them, it was just a pity we only got 1 rib each.
tVTyIAJ_d.webp
Dqa2UHQ_d.webp
fhiM7AO_d.webp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom