What going on with the price of dogs

Soldato
I had to get my dog put down yesterday so i started looked around for another dog and the going prices seems to be around £2000+ for a lot of them :eek:

(I paid £500 for my westie in 2009)

Soldato
#adoptdontshop

Covid.

Everyone is working from home and has decided they can have a dog now. More demand, higher prices.

Soldato
Tbh from what I've seen the price has come down in recent months from a peak last year. May be different for different breeds though I guess.

We got a collie for £1k last year which was pretty much the cheapest around, friends have got one for £750 recently, which again seems to be around the current price floor.

Soldato
Demand since Covid went mental, also not everyone can adopt, we put in for 3 rescue dogs and didn’t get a reply from any of them, in the end we got a puppy because we got sick of being ignored

Soldato
I had to get my dog put down yesterday so i started looked around for another dog and the going prices seems to be around £2000+ for a lot of them :eek:

(I paid £500 for my westie in 2009)

Sorry to hear you lost your dog. It’s heart breaking. I have 4 and the eldest is not good, her back legs have almost failed and we just take one day at a time. In the next few weeks she’s going to break my heart.

Back
Top Bottom