Classic Movies on the Big Screen

Caporegime
Matrix is still showing this week at some locations, might be one close by to you.

No interest in Trainspotting? ;)

I actually went to see Trainspotting at the cinema two years ago. Someone had downloaded a mkv (like a 1gb rip) and played it through a PlayStation :p

It was awful, you could even see some stutter.

I even paid for the pleasure! Why on earth they never blanked the screen whilst setting it up is beyond me.

But yeah, I've seen Trainspotting do many times that I don't think the cinema adds anything magical to it.

Shall check for the Matrix :)

Soldato
/\/\/\ I didn't back in 1982. I made a point of watching the directors cut though 10 years later. Having watched the original release (called the criterion edition) on video (I owned it at the time) many times, I preferred the latter even though the former is the version that ridley intended. Either way it is a must watch on a BIG screen no matter what version it is.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Do love it when get the chance to catch something on the big screen that I either was too young for at the time, or just to see something again.

Ones I’ve managed to catch that stand out have been:

Bladerunner - on the rerelease they did in Dec 2014 before a bigger rerelease in 2015. Just stunning.

Leon - One of my all time faves and was so glad to be able to see it on the big screen

Terminator 1 and 2 - Vue did something 2019 I think it was showing them both on ‘judgement day’

The Matrix - Did see this when originally released, but lovely to see it again all these years later on the 20th Anniversary showings (urgh 20 years, I feel old)

Full Metal Jacket - Saw this back in 1999 at the local Picture House, was good.

Commissario
I see Top Gun is on the list - Saw that in the cinema first time round and it was dreadful, the local flea pit had awful sound at the time and it spoiled the film.

Saw Jaws in the cinema a few years ago, that was fantastic on the big screen.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Broadway in Nottingham was great for this, They did a run of all the old Clint Eastwood westerns, the good the bad and the ugly was like a different movie fantastic.

Would like to see some of the old silly WW2 movies, Where eagles dare and the Dirty Dozen :)

Associate
OP
Showcase

THE GODFATHER TRILOGY

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." (The Godfather, 1972)

the-godfather-banner.jpg

The Godfather: 50th Anniversary | 26, 27 & 28 February

The Godfather Part II | 6 & 7 March

The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone | 13 & 14 March

Associate
OP

Back
Top Bottom