Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
The graphs on the "Overview pages" can be made up to 1 hour. If you want longer than that, you can set a Data Log for anything up to a year and then run charts off that. Haven't played with the feature myself but it seems to draw charts once you have the hang of it and there's an export to xml - either file or shared memory.

Associate
Can anyone explain how the licensing system works for Aquasuite? I purchased a quadro in mid August 2020, and I assumed I had a years worth of updates, but now my software is saying that my quadro is only eligible for service updates up to 19/2/2021. Now I've updated my software and I can't use it. Seems a bit scummy to only get 6 and a bit months of software support, is it done of the manufacture date of the hardware? Because it sure as hell hasn't been done off the installation date! I've sent them an email asking for an explanation but it says due to covid it could take 2 weeks to reply to an email!

Soldato
Can anyone explain how the licensing system works for Aquasuite? I purchased a quadro in mid August 2020, and I assumed I had a years worth of updates, but now my software is saying that my quadro is only eligible for service updates up to 19/2/2021. Now I've updated my software and I can't use it. Seems a bit scummy to only get 6 and a bit months of software support, is it done of the manufacture date of the hardware? Because it sure as hell hasn't been done off the installation date! I've sent them an email asking for an explanation but it says due to covid it could take 2 weeks to reply to an email!

It's only 6 months on the quadro and octo as they are (a cheaper product) at least that's the response I got when I asked the same question. Its all great until you buy a used item that's had the firmware updated to the latest and your forced into buying the update service as firmware can't be downgraded. Its a weird system they use but ultimately keeps the pennies rolling in.

Associate
Fair enough, I guess I'll pay up for a year license, not like it's breaking the bank, I was just a little confused because I've seen some information which indicates you get access to the current year's aquasuite and the next years version.

Associate
Just wondering whether anyone has seen what the PCB in a Calitemp looks like? I'm planning to build a new fully external cooling system with an Aquaero, but would prefer to remove the sensor from the Calitemp and thermal epoxy it into a different housing. Another would be used for ambient temperature.

The manual states that the rubber on the Calitemp can be removed and rotated. There doesn't seem to be a lot of images or reviews on Google for these, and no stock to even buy one to check myself. From a quick look based on the accuracy specs I'm guessing the actual sensor is a TE Connectivity TSYS02D.

Associate
I plugged my OCTO into the molex power while the pc was on. Didn't think that was an issue but neither windows nor the aqau software can see it. So its fkkd then? When I turn the pc on there is a stationary red light on the device for about 6 secs then it goes off.

Soldato
I plugged my OCTO into the molex power while the pc was on. Didn't think that was an issue but neither windows nor the aqau software can see it. So its fkkd then? When I turn the pc on there is a stationary red light on the device for about 6 secs then it goes off.
More info needed. Was it working before? Is it connected by USB? What happens if you power down fully at the wall and start the system with everything connected?

Associate
Its new, never used it before. I plugged the usb in with the black cable at the end with the gap in the pins. I may have used the usb cable that came with the D5 Next pump but they're surely identical?

i'm just temporarily installing it on my old pc to change the default pwm setting as I don;t want 17 fans going at 100% until I can install windows on the new machine.

I tested the usb header with a corsair hxi digi output and it works.

Soldato
I've only got experience of the Aquaero but that will draw main power from the molex but it'll run just on the usb to some extent. Certainly it'll use standby power from the USB and if the machine is awake it'll power up but not enough to power the fans etc (not enough current available). That's why Lucky was trying to check you'd tried either unplugging both or cold booting.
I've certainly programmed from a laptop before and not had problems but there's, I suppose, an outside possibility that if there's a massive mismatch between the power in one machine and the other that it could have fried it - I'd have thought it highly unlikely.
If it's new, has it ever powered up? Could it be DoA and not anything you've done?

Associate
I've only got experience of the Aquaero but that will draw main power from the molex but it'll run just on the usb to some extent. Certainly it'll use standby power from the USB and if the machine is awake it'll power up but not enough to power the fans etc (not enough current available). That's why Lucky was trying to check you'd tried either unplugging both or cold booting.
I've certainly programmed from a laptop before and not had problems but there's, I suppose, an outside possibility that if there's a massive mismatch between the power in one machine and the other that it could have fried it - I'd have thought it highly unlikely.
If it's new, has it ever powered up? Could it be DoA and not anything you've done?

Yeah its a new device never used it never put any fans or anything on it. I just wanted to set some defaults before I put in my new machine.Surely it doesnt need fans plugged in to work? I'll try another cable and I've orderedcable that plugs into a usb port that gives a 9 pin mobo header so ill try that, then ill just have to buy another one they sell them at ocuk.

I ordered the one i have now from their ocuk's parent company can i still rma this device to aqua direct?

Soldato
All the Aquacomputer stuff I've used has been good and worth any teething trouble you might have - rare though it is. I've had a couple of items that needed replacement parts and they've been excellent in just posting the required parts/items. That said, their website is showing that they're snowed under at the moment and could take up to 4 weeks (!) to answer: https://aquacomputer.de/support.html
So it might be worth checking all your options.
May also be worth asking on their forum as you may get answers from their support guys too: https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-foren/board8-english-forum

Associate
All the Aquacomputer stuff I've used has been good and worth any teething trouble you might have - rare though it is. I've had a couple of items that needed replacement parts and they've been excellent in just posting the required parts/items. That said, their website is showing that they're snowed under at the moment and could take up to 4 weeks (!) to answer: https://aquacomputer.de/support.html
So it might be worth checking all your options.
May also be worth asking on their forum as you may get answers from their support guys too: https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-foren/board8-english-forum

Well it turns out it was the usb cable that wasn't working. I did plug that in initially while the pc was on, possibly shorted it, I'm just glad i figured out it was the cable as I was a gnats hair from buying another one.

I turned the fans down on 5 of the pwm ports, presumably that is saved to the device so I'm good to put it in the new machine. But that has shown up a new problem in how the F I am supposed to fit in in my case?

y4mgjNU2Opm8pP80nG0TRgmcsSEb4YIHFp5vXgdWrNZeXvEIba9kR18TLpBTCHJsOTQNMrbteRdj5R8QRGMgoi7-wR4bJb0Y4kwvomDIdzXf1uAT9rq_-I4B9jE3aTgXCQbxQQ20Vew1_HC6LaNVq3w8B9JkQXo7xbJNwI4pbfCqKJ9ZdRhGdgBOckk-Lb5EUrq

y4mPxVAnT4_leqQyfqTearmhsBsxOalhHw8tgcITeAyKnCxlcANtz9F1WH14H23aHCaU1-URMyd7WTgt6YNKVpU-BDy7Byu9HoX6sPoW6-k9aTCBHsNyz1oOhMBtEGFyoEavp8oDnDaDNZN-ivJbF-TEzb2pjGYqLi9CHAVaU8BJzaPBZWG1SpiwA_LeEi2BOE-

Soldato
Phanteks case by look of it. Should be some room on the floor - more if you've taken the drive cages out. Four holes in that and you can screw it to the floor from underneath. Alternatively even two pre-existing holes would do if you can find some that line up.
Any drive cage that isn't used too. If necessary you could drill those outside the case - you don't want to be leaving any swarf (metal fragments from the drilling) in the case lest it short something out.

Soldato
^ This is exactly what I did to mount my Farbwerk to the floor of the case. Conveniently between the power supply and the bottom of a radiator where I'd fitted a temperature sensor. Drilled two holes in the case, M3 screws from underneath, tidy.

Associate
I found a spare space and velcroed it to that. You can mount it by taking the whole thing apart, and screwing through the rubber surround holes, board etc. It makes sense when you slide the rubber surround off.

Associate
Phanteks case by look of it. Should be some room on the floor - more if you've taken the drive cages out. Four holes in that and you can screw it to the floor from underneath. Alternatively even two pre-existing holes would do if you can find some that line up.
Any drive cage that isn't used too. If necessary you could drill those outside the case - you don't want to be leaving any swarf (metal fragments from the drilling) in the case lest it short something out.

Yeah that sounds like the best option, even if the holes lined up I couldn't put it on the side where an ssd would go anyway because of the ridiculous orientation of the molex connector.

Back
Top Bottom