Who shaves their head?

Man of Honour
I can't wait to go to work tomorrow.
I was growing my hair for both my daughters weddings the first on Jul 3rd.
I'd got it to a number 9 and was touching it up when I took the clippers through and cut a load off the side.
This is the only way out.

mowhawk.jpg

Associate
Same here, it's been a bugger keeping control of the eczema/psoriasis while I let it grow a bit.

If this is something you haven't tried, give it a go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004H6YKPE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No idea why the images are what they are, but that's the correct listing (bought some in march).

Or this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Head-Shoul...words=selenium+shampoo&qid=1623774005&sr=8-25

Selenium Shampoo is expensive but having such short hair we only need a small amount each time. It really does work for me though (there are other sorts available, I just know these ones work), alongside the short hair, nothing else helps!

General anti dandruff shampoos including T-Gel, Charcoal variants and generic Anti-Dandruff options do nothing to help.

Associate
I also have psoriasis on my scalp and behind my ears. I like having longer hair but find longer hair irritates my skin and stops UV light getting to it. So I shave my head with clippers, grade zero. My hair grows fairly quickly so shave it once a fortnight.

Man of Honour
If this is something you haven't tried, give it a go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004H6YKPE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No idea why the images are what they are, but that's the correct listing (bought some in march).

Or this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Head-Shoul...words=selenium+shampoo&qid=1623774005&sr=8-25

Selenium Shampoo is expensive but having such short hair we only need a small amount each time. It really does work for me though (there are other sorts available, I just know these ones work), alongside the short hair, nothing else helps!

General anti dandruff shampoos including T-Gel, Charcoal variants and generic Anti-Dandruff options do nothing to help.

I have a proper cream on prescription that works a treat called Dovobet, the only problem is applying it when my hair gets above a number 5.
I've even bought a fine nit comb so I can scratch them off when the creme has done it's magic, with a number 1 I just wash my scalp.

Associate
I fortunately avoided Psoriasis (Dad has it really bad), I don't think that one is something they prescribe for Eczema. I'd rather avoid steroid cream where I can anyhow, already having thinner skin on my fingers from the creams I had to use as a Child, had it pretty bad as a tot! I've mostly grown out of it nowadays, just the odd flare up if I keep on top of it!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll get a grade 1 tomorrow if I remember and post it here. My last photo was a wreck lol.

Looking above my Stepad used to rock a mohawk/mohican, bright red like a foot tall. skinny jeans and pink boots. he's still living his punk days lol.

Caporegime
If anyone's interested I'm keeping track of my progress on finasteride (now also alternating with dutasteride) and minoxidil.

Hair length and lighting conditions are similar, but it's darkened massively which makes it look like there's less light in the picture on the right.

Going to carry on until 12 months then decide whether there's enough progress to get an HT, or just shave it and say 'at least I tried'.

tDjmcgT.jpg

Man of Honour
Aside from the darker colour I think it does look a little thicker in places? I can never see me wanting to use something like that because I've been shaving my head for years. But well done for trying.

Soldato
OP
damn nearly 6 years ago when i started this thread....

I got a routine going now I usually shave the head twice a week
I buy whichever r the cheapest razors I can generally £3.99 or so and that'll last me a number of shaves. I also treated myself to a shaving brush lol

Soldato
I started to thin on top so I bit the bullet and went and did a 2 all over, followed a few days later by a 1 then a no guard. Fast forward a couple of months and I'm getting the razor on it most days. I love how "neat" it looks and even more when I get a nice shine to it (bowling ball head!)

Soldato
Been wet shaving my my head for about 8+ years now and have suffered from Psoriasis for 20+years . I tend to wet shave once a week and use my Braun series 9 in between , after a shave I use Aveeno daily moisturising lotion on my head and not had a Psoriasis flare up in many years.

Soldato
I use a remington quick cut with no guard on my head. I had to accept I was looking a bit thin on top and lockdown was the opportunity to change.

These days if I go a week without shaving it I feel I look a mess.

Soldato
I use a remington quick cut with no guard on my head. I had to accept I was looking a bit thin on top and lockdown was the opportunity to change.

These days if I go a week without shaving it I feel I look a mess.

Those are the clippers I use. I've had them a couple years now and they seem to be tiring out.

Back
Top Bottom