Monitors for triple 32" 4K setup

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm looking for any recommendations for a solid 32" 4K monitor. The idea is to buy 3 of these for a triple monitor setup. Main use will be work (lots of VMs running, RDP sessions, coding etc. - I work in IT) and I need lots of screen space. But I would also like to game on it (using only one monitor perhaps). I've been looking at the BenQ EW3280U, but also the Gigabyte Aorus FI32U (not yet available). I like everything the BenQ has to offer (but 60Hz + the thick lower bezel are not ideal (I won't use the speakers). The Gigabyte looks even better with the high refresh rate - but yet to see the reviews on that (and make sure it has RGB pixel, not BGR).

I'm pretty much convinced having done some research over the last few weeks that IPS 4K 32" is the best for my needs in terms of pixel density and image and I'm not keen on curved screens. HDR doesn't matter really. But I would like input lag and response times to be decent for gaming (not FPS really, mostly MMO).

The market doesn't seem to have anything apart from the 2 monitors I mentioned above that might be suitable candidates...

Any ideas on what might be best? Seems crazy that 27" 4K choice is so much better when 32" 4K is widely regarded as better for 100% scaling in Windows.

Thanks!

Soldato
Even single 3840x2160 is very demanding for graphics card in gaming and two would be super demanding.
So would suggest playing on single monitor.
Anyway single 32" 4K monitor gives excellent immersion if you can have it close enough to cover good part of area of stereo vision.
(monitor arms would give best positioning)

That would also save lots of money, because only center monitor would need to be expensive 100+Hz capable and side monitors for work could be affordable 60Hz model.
Coding and such text work doesn't even need wide gamut and also VA panel with its response time challenges should be fine.
Cheapest VAs approach £300 level.

So really only obstacle is that we don't yet have 144Hz 32" 4K monitors in shops.
Besides that Gigabyte there should be AU Optronics AdobeRGB panel using Asus PG32UQ and Viewsonic XG320U coming in month or few.

Though first you better check that you have enough room on desk for three 32" monitors.
Space requirement is going to be massive.

Soldato
Having had 3x24" monitors in the past I found them simply too wide for comfort. I wouldn't go back to a triple monitor setup personally.

Currently I'm using a 34" ultrawide but I think if I upgraded I'd go for one of the 38" 21:9 (3840x1600) ultrawide monitors rather then revert to a triple setup. Maybe add a smaller 24" monitor above if I needed an additional display for video/etc.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks a lot guys, luckily I don’t need to buy these quite yet. Hopefully in a few months there will be some more choice for 32” 4K displays. I think I will hang on for now.

Back
Top Bottom