• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Windows 11 and 10900k performance

Associate
I have got a big drop in performance in Windows 11 and it looks to be linked to all the security features. 10900K @ 5GHz SSE and 4.9GHz AVX. uncore 4.3Mhz. 3600MT/s 8-pack RAM CL14.

Time Spy drops from approx. 14775 approx. to 14200 approx. Seen results as low as 13800.
CPUz drops from 600 ST to 580 ST approx.
CPUz MT drops from 7600 to 7100 approx.
Firestrike drops from
29 912-29304 to 26-25k.

Firestrike Ultra is 30045 after disabling the security settings.

Turn off the security features fixes the drops. I am just a little lower than Windows 10.

Last edited:
Associate
Keep in mind it's unreleased software that is available for dev's to write/test their code on and likely still has a number of debugs enabled in the background, and their will be plenty of optimisations between now and release.

Associate
OP
Its not that at all, the slow down is because every security feature for the cpu is turned on by default in Windows 11. If you turn it all off you get Windows 10 performance. Should affect AMD cpu's as well. Not likely to improve performance wise by much.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its not that at all, the slow down is because every security feature for the cpu is turned on by default in Windows 11. If you turn it all off you get Windows 10 performance. Should affect AMD cpu's as well. Not likely to improve performance wise by much.

How can I turn these features off mate? Cheers.

Associate
OP
Right click on the windows symbol. Can be center of the taskbar or to the left. Select settings. Then go Privacy & security. Then Windows Security. It will be hard to see, the GUI likes to not show anything. App & browser control. Then Exploit protection, exploit protection settings. Under System settings you can turn them all off.

What you can do under Program settings is turn them all on or off per program. Have yet to try that. Could be better than turning them all off globally.

I tried InSpectre and tried turning off meltdown and spectre protection. This help a little but the full performance comes back once you disable the right windows security features.

These features are basically there to keep you safe.

Back
Top Bottom