The manly tears thread, Which movies made you well up?

Soldato
I’m not someone who cry’s easily, certainly not when it come to films and tv but there have been a few:

About Time (as a couple of posts back, when he visits his Dad for the final time)
The Green Mile (when you know what’s coming and he’s watching the movie and then again at the execution)

Not a films but:
Saving Private Ryan (Wades last scene)
It’s a Sin (quite a few scenes in this)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
when I was younger the last mimzy used to make me sob - that and bridge to terabithia. Why were they so sad!?

Mystified by these, I Googled them and feel that by not knowing either of them I’ve dodged a major bullet.
Sorry Klohe, but sardonic and contemptuous are my middle names.

Permabanned
Mystified by these, I Googled them and feel that by not knowing either of them I’ve dodged a major bullet.
Sorry Klohe, but sardonic and contemptuous are my middle names.

The Bridge to Terabithia was the worst! She literally dies like halfway through and we have to spend the rest of the movie coping with the death of this literal child when she drowned in a river. Hardly adult friendly let alone suitable for kids!!

Associate
Intro to saving private ryan, when the older Ryan breaks down in the mass memorial garden over in France, relates because my Granda fought through ww2, landing on one of the British beaches on d day as an engineer.

green mile gets me when you realise earlier in the film that john coffee is innocent, and that whole scene that plays out when they are about to roll on 2

Soldato
As we’ve included tv series:

Halt and Catch Fire ‘Who Needs A Guy’ Gordon looking in the mirror, the lens flare and music begins to play. From then until the end of the episode :(

Back
Top Bottom