hard drive advice?

Associate
OP
Thanks all

Have got the drive and transferred the data....but am having a bit of an idiot moment. Have opened up the case and can't for the life of me see where I can slot the thing!the cabling is so neat and tidy!have found the power conned cation and can see the sata slot on the motherboard....but where the hell can I physically put the drive!? The area where there are 2 drives already doesn't seem to have any space or drilled holes for screws...not that I can get a screwdriver in there anyway!do am looking elsewhere....any ideas anyone?

Soldato
ah...just seen...it only handle 2 x 3.5" drives! bugger!

So are there any 2.5" drives occupying those 3.5" bays? You could transfer those out to any 2.5" mounting locations to make room. If they are SATA SSDs you don't even actually need to mount them, just find a place to rest them somewhere, use double-sided sticky tape or something.

Associate
Western Digital Blue/Green would probably be plenty... that said, I have a pair of WD Red's in my PC and they run just fine as 2x8Tb in software RAID1: the Green/Blue would be faster and better suited though - I know they're designed for NAS boxes and servers, so I wouldn't really recommend them... I just had a drive caddy that was failing, so I moved the drives over to make sure they were okay and never moved them back. I think the entire caddy cost less than a single 8Tb drive, so I'm not going to whine about sub-optimal performance :)

Back
Top Bottom