Which phone - £160?

Soldato
Aren't particularly geared towards gaming anyway, X3 Pro has the more powerful SoC.

If battery life is more of a priority, there is also the Poco M3.

Soldato
OP
I think am going to pull the trigger on the either the X3 PRO or the X3 NFC... really do not know which.

Is it worth £30 extra for 256GB over 128GB?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thank you guys.

I went for the X3 PRO in the end, £230 for the 8GB RAM+256GB storage version.

Seemed too packed spec wise to not bite.

Smart choice the G9 power is a massive phone and you said form factor was an issue.

I know my wife's g9 power is bigger than my Poco f2 pro and it's not even just slightly bigger it's noticeably bigger.

Her phone however the battery is endless on it.

Poco phones are ridiculous in terms of value for money. I paid £300 for the Poco f2 pro and now better phones are available for £200-£250 and £300 gets you the new F3.

I had downgraded my phone budget from £500 to £300 but now I'm thinking of going further next time to £200 if they keep producing phones like the X3.

Below that then Motorola takes the crown but the leap to a Poco phone is quite significant in spec.

This is the first phone I've felt is perfect and I could keep for several years.

Soldato
OP
I picked up a couple of Redmi 9's for the kids and I have to say, they are a fine budget phone.

Infact, as I do not play games... I am struggling to see what the extra £90 for the PRO actually got me.

For daily app use, the Redmi performs more than sufficient. Am I doing it wrong? What am I missing with the PRO?

Caporegime
I picked up a couple of Redmi 9's for the kids and I have to say, they are a fine budget phone.

Infact, as I do not play games... I am struggling to see what the extra £90 for the PRO actually got me.

For daily app use, the Redmi performs more than sufficient. Am I doing it wrong? What am I missing with the PRO?

It will be having multiple apps open and load times, etc.

My phone is just so smooth and it flies. The extra ram, CPU power is great if you have lots of tabs and apps open at the same time.

I don't leave tabs open on my pc but on my phone I'll have anywhere between 25-50.

I'll also have about 10 apps open too.i flick between 2FA, banking and various apps a lot.

Soldato
OP
It will be having multiple apps open and load times, etc.

My phone is just so smooth and it flies. The extra ram, CPU power is great if you have lots of tabs and apps open at the same time.

I don't leave tabs open on my pc but on my phone I'll have anywhere between 25-50.

I'll also have about 10 apps open too.i flick between 2FA, banking and various apps a lot.

You are right there.

I was debating returning the PRO for a Redmi Note 10 PRO... but, only 128GB and only 6GB RAM.

The X3 PRO is a complete monster spec wise and you are right, it will handle ANYTHING you throw at it.

It is a little on the big/heavy side BUT, it packs soo much in, you cannot complain.

Caporegime
You are right there.

I was debating returning the PRO for a Redmi Note 10 PRO... but, only 128GB and only 6GB RAM.

The X3 PRO is a complete monster spec wise and you are right, it will handle ANYTHING you throw at it.

It is a little on the big/heavy side BUT, it packs soo much in, you cannot complain.

Yeah just enjoy the phone. It will absolutely destroy everything you throw at it and it won't slow down in a year or so when the redmi 9 will. So it's more long term capable and you won't feel like you need an upgrade sooner. It's why I'm still waiting for a bit the only thing my phone is missing is 120hz which isn't a deal breaker as it's a phone. No idea why they now have 160-190hz screens on phones. Majority of people's TV's are still only 60hz

Soldato
I'd be looking at a Xiaomi handset for that price, they seem to pack in a lot per £.

I managed to pick up 2x Redmi Note 9s this weekend for £98. I'll sell one and keep one as a spare phone. Honestly surprised at how good and capable it is for the price. I've never had a Xiaomi phone before but they've won me over.

Soldato
OP
Just to update after a few months, the X3 PRO has been rock solid for me.

Does everything have thrown at it, thumbprint and NFC is a definite "must have" now having used it for a while.

Worth every penny.

Soldato
Just to update after a few months, the X3 PRO has been rock solid for me.

Does everything have thrown at it, thumbprint and NFC is a definite "must have" now having used it for a while.

Worth every penny.

I've had my X3 Pro for a couple of weeks now and I'm absolutely loving it, outstanding value for money.

emu

emu

Associate
well impressed with my oppo x2 lite , had to replace my p30 pro and the 8gb ram and screen plus the quick charging are superb .

Back
Top Bottom