What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Ive read this post three times. How can something be really good yet boring :cry::cry::cry:

It has parts where it's really good action/tense thriller but then it goes into long drawn out downton abbey levels of boring drama, where watching 30 minutes of it feels like it has been 2 hours

You'll get like 15 minutes action which are great and the story for this is well done, then 20 minutes drama which is just meh and too cliche, probably doesn't help that it's in Swedish so you have to read the subtitles

Soldato
The Tomorrow War: 5/10

A disjointed mess of a film that would be at home on Netflix's own dire film collection. Even if you switch off your brain it is still a mess. Alien design is superb as is their introduction during the stairwell scene.

Man of Honour
Big Fish (2003)

This films reminded me of Forrest Gump and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button in a lot of ways. Directed by Tim Burton and starring Ewan McGregor and Albert Finney, who play a younger and older version the same character, Edward Bloom.

Edwards life story is one of tall tales and fantasy or at least that's what his estranged son believes, who tries to reconcile with his dieing father.

I have to say I quite enjoyed this. I'd never seen it previously and it's far less schmaltzy than Forrest Gump and is quite funny in places. Plenty of other actors crop up smaller parts throughout the film. Such as Danny Devito, Helena Bonham Carter and Steve Buscemi.

Definitely one of Tim Burton's better films.

7.5/10

Caporegime
16 Blocks. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450232/

I find Bruce Willis a mixed bag though I enjoyed this one even though it was, as is almost always the case in films, a bit far-fetched in places. The actor that played the prisoner also put in a great performance. Sweet ending.

I think what also made the movie a very enjoyable experience was the characters themselves.

Directed by the late great Richard Donner.

Caporegime
Black Widow

Pretty good, bits of humour, good action, bit spy stuff, good chemistry between Johansson and Pugh. Really enjoyed it more than say….Black Panther which a lot of people liked.

Tomorrow's War

I forgotten it already.

The Hitman's Bodyguard's wife's bodyguard and his grandma's butler.

No idea what's going on, lots of shooting, shouting and swearing.

Permabanned
Watched Black Widow, ridiculous plot, some ok action, David harbour was amusing, rest were quite forgettable. Most of the marvel films I can watch again but doubt I would want to watch this again, there are literally no "good" bits, just ok bits, a touch boring at times, 4.5/10 one of the poorer marvel movies for me.

Soldato
Offensive(2016) gripping horror .. in the home invasion /Winner gendre - enough said, better than average 7/10, on horror channel last night

Associate
Black Widow (2021) - 7/10

Heavier on the ‘family’ drama and emotional side than other superhero movies, but it was very well done with great acting and a great cast.

The plot was pretty much as expected, although it did have a few surprises, and the iconic characters were really brought to life in the fast paced, exciting and destructive action scenes.

The special effects were good in the small scale but they were pretty weak in the large and it didn’t really feel like it had the grandness of the other Marvel movies.

The humour was ok, although mostly felt forced and the main villain wasn’t anything special, but overall, it was good.

Associate
Notting Hill 10/10

I don't care what anyone says this movie is magnificent. Julie Roberts shines in every role and the chemistry between them was so profound. The direction was spot on, probably one of the best lines in any romantic film too "I'm just a girl, standing on front a boy, asking him to love her" in that moment you can see past all the fame and celebrity status and see that she's a vulnerable normal girl putting her heart on her sleeve.
I also loved the ending scene with them sitting on the bench in the park on a nice sunny day with the panning of the camera going round and then seeing her pregnancy bump. It leaves you feeling a warm emotional mushy feeling that their future is blossoming.
Seen the movie so many times but it hits me the same every single time. Marvelous.
P.S it's based on a true story of a guy Hugh Grant knew.

Next: Black Widow.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Tomorrow War 6/10

An ok movie with some at times decidely iffy cgi which i don't think would've fared too well on the big screen.

Godzilla : King Of The Monsters 8.5/10

Now that's how you do a monster movie, tho it's hard to see where they'll go from here as they've pretty much trashed the entire planet!.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Unhinged: 7/10

Nice short movie that my other half found quite stressful to watch :D

I want expecting the last half to be so intense but you pick up on all the foreshadowing they do in the first half. Nice satisfying movie.

Associate
You wasn't wrong with Black Widow.. almost as bad as Captain Marvel. What a completely wasted opportunity, completely forgettable. I actually liked the character in the marvel universe but now she's dead (end game) I doubt she'll get anymore movies. What a waste. 4/10.

Post credit scene was interesting though.

Back
Top Bottom