*** Marvel Studios' Black Widow ***

Soldato
Well I quite enjoyed it 7/10, probably better than Black Panther easily better than Captain Marvel. First 2/3rds was pretty good final third was alright and at least they didn’t hit you over the head with the girl power message. The relationship amongst the family was nicely handled and all the leads were likeable and fairly well acted.

There is an after credits scene which ties into the TV series and probably leads into the Hawkeye show.

Whilst it wasn’t Marvel at their best it was well worth a watch. It’s really just 5 years too late.

Soldato
To those that have watched it. Is it a standalone movie? Widow doesn't really interest me as a character tbh. Any useful links to future marvel story arcs ?

Caporegime
To those that have watched it. Is it a standalone movie? Widow doesn't really interest me as a character tbh. Any useful links to future marvel story arcs ?
Given the story is set after Civil War, no. Or at least I don’t think so. I haven’t watched it yet!

Soldato
The after credits scene probably links into one of the upcoming Marvel TV shows. The movie may be a soft introduction for a new character it's not clear. I wouldn't say it's essential viewing.

edit: the after credits is not a big deal unlike some of the early ones that introduced Thanos etc.

Soldato
Half way through and have had to take a break.

An average film, crap Marvel movie.

A baddie that looks like they are straight out of GI Joe and shows how weak the Black Widow character is without the Avengers.

Period jokes? Seriously?

David Harbour was awesome as usual.

Permabanned
Half way through and have had to take a break.

An average film, crap Marvel movie.

A baddie that looks like they are straight out of GI Joe and shows how weak the Black Widow character is without the Avengers.

Period jokes? Seriously?

David Harbour was awesome as usual.

Agree on all that, was pants for marvel and only a bang average action film. Harbour was fun tho.

Soldato
After what Scarlett came out with calling it a #metoo movie I had second thoughts about seeing it.

Drakov/Winstones accent was awful and clearly he was playing some Harvey Weinstein character. Especially all the dialog about controlling girls etc.

Pugh and Harbour were the standout highlights of the film.

Terrible movie but not as bad as Captain Marvel. 4/10.

Soldato
After what Scarlett came out with calling it a #metoo movie I had second thoughts about seeing it.

Drakov/Winstones accent was awful and clearly he was playing some Harvey Weinstein character. Especially all the dialog about controlling girls etc.

Pugh and Harbour were the standout highlights of the film.

Terrible movie but not as bad as Captain Marvel. 4/10.

I enjoyed Captain Marvel, but this was a whole other level of awful.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Just LOL at how they butchered Taskmaster as a character.

Was thinking the same thing. Taskmaster easily one of the most dangerous and recognisable characters reduced to
a female mind control blackwidow reject

Such wasted potential. He is meant to be super mercenary that sells his skills to the highest bidder that can hold his own with toughest criminals.

Soldato
Hmmmm, the first 1/3 was interesting, middle 1/3 was "odd" and the last 1/3 destroyed my brain with the lack of logic that it did have at the start plus the usual CGI stuff you expect from the MCU only not quite as polished as usual.

If the style/writing/direction of first 1/3 had been continued across the whole film I'd have been surprisingly impressed with it but the last 2/3 of the film just got rapidly "worse" (objective subjective I know) until the end and now I;m just glad it's over and we never have to see the character ruined further.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom