• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is it worth picking up a Series S if all I really want to do is play GamePass games from years ago. I don't have a gaming PC or even a Windows PC at all these days, and want to replay classics like DragonAge: Origins, 2 etc.

Caporegime
Yeah, one thing there - do they look ok on a 4k Screen, not tiny etc. I'm guessing the TV just downscales to 1080 or 720 or whatever.

And you need to upscale that either option so it doesn't really matter. What you might need to do is get an USB 2TB drive for £40 or something and use that as external storage. Most of the old games runs fine off the external drive.

Associate
Whats people's go to TV for series X at the mo? Currently using mine on a Samsung 40MU6000, but looking to get the most out of HDMI 2.1 and some 120hz goodness.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Whats people's go to TV for series X at the mo? Currently using mine on a Samsung 40MU6000, but looking to get the most out of HDMI 2.1 and some 120hz goodness.

Any of the LG Oled 10 series or the latest 1 series are a good bet for the most compatible hdmi 2.1 ports and features at the moment.

Caporegime
LG 48”cx is what I’m using with my Xbox.
Absolutely beautiful picture although dark scenes in games are very very dark lol.
Used HDTVs settings from his YouTube video to get the proper settings.
But it’s faultless the TV set.

Soldato
Absolutely beautiful picture although dark scenes in games are very very dark lol.
i bought a 65" CX with my Xbox, can't say I've noticed anything being dark and i left most settings as default.

Man of Honour

You should set it up for your specific tv as there is always a surprisingly large variance with each tv, and what you describe definitely isn’t normal.

Caporegime
i bought a 65" CX with my Xbox, can't say I've noticed anything being dark and i left most settings as default.

You should set it up for your specific tv as there is always a surprisingly large variance with each tv, and what you describe definitely isn’t normal.

It’s the game I play ie Destiny 2 and others who have the same tv have said the same pretty much.
I actually don’t mind the dark scenes in the game etc. Other games are fine though.

Back
Top Bottom