Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
A bit nervous but quietly confident, who can handle the occasion? They can be gotten at 100% so our attacking players should get some joy, likewise they have players that can hurt us so we need to be on it at the back.

Being at home has to put us as favourites and we can definitely do it, come on England!!

World in motion will be getting some more hammer today :)

Associate
That fellas blood pressure must be sky high from all that salt

I get it and have sympathy. Imagine living your whole life with a sporting inferiority complex, watching 3rd rate football at domestic level and having to take 100th choice England players to pad out your national team. Your only sporting joy is a dour faced tennis player and two snooker players, one miserable and the other a cheat. I can understand why the last thing they want is England to win the Euros. Being Scotland, It's kind of like being Phil Neville in the Neville brothers or Ralf of the Schumacher brothers. A Scotland success is England not winning. You gotta feel for them, the Italy shirt is the 7th of the tournament they have had to buy.

Soldato
Not gonna lie i really am not bothered about England winning tonight but im not going to start being bitter. It only winds people up and its unnecessary tbh.

A bit nervous but quietly confident, who can handle the occasion? They can be gotten at 100% so our attacking players should get some joy, likewise they have players that can hurt us so we need to be on it at the back.

Being at home has to put us as favourites and we can definitely do it, come on England!!

World in motion will be getting some more hammer today :)

Ban worthy

Associate
Wow the negativity is strong in this thread
Armchair managers ahoy
Granted Southgate probably has the best squad in a very long time - even the so-called Golden Generation had no depth beyond the 11.

We’ve conceded one goal all tournament, which was
A) contentious
B) Very hard to stop

I agree the Scotland game was dreadful, but Denmark had to play second half ET with 10 men because they used all their subs.
Would you seriously still keep attacking and. It shore things up for 15minutes?

I feel sorry for my old colleagues with ransoms trying go put on stupid bets because they’ve not bet before and thus no clue of the rules
Something along the lines of:
“1-1 after ET and England to win on pens as a double”
I still love to know how we are favourites,
Though

Soldato
Wow the negativity is strong in this thread
Armchair managers ahoy
Granted Southgate probably has the best squad in a very long time - even the so-called Golden Generation had no depth beyond the 11.

We’ve conceded one goal all tournament, which was
A) contentious
B) Very hard to stop

I agree the Scotland game was dreadful, but Denmark had to play second half ET with 10 men because they used all their subs.
Would you seriously still keep attacking and. It shore things up for 15minutes?

I feel sorry for my old colleagues with ransoms trying go put on stupid bets because they’ve not bet before and thus no clue of the rules
Something along the lines of:
“1-1 after ET and England to win on pens as a double”
I still love to know how we are favourites,
Though
The problem is, half the people here don’t even watch football. They only tune in during international tournament and only when England get past the first round.

So take there comments with a HUGE GRAIN OF SALT

Man of Honour
Sincere good luck to England tonight, it will make my in-laws and some of my family happy, personally I’m still in mourning over my beloved France getting knocked out by the damned Swiss.
I received a WhatsApp that concerned me a bit, it highlights the probable repercussions if Italy win.
It features an Italian guy, supposedly from the British-Italian community, at a microphone, pleading that if Italy win on Sunday, and young England fans do what is expected of them, vandalise Italian businesses, please leave independent family owned restaurants alone.
He adds, “We will allow you to trash Bella Italia, Ask Italian, Spaghetti House, Carluccio’s, Prezzo, Zizzi, (pauses to spit in disgust), Vapiano, Domino’s, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, and any pizzeria that has even a trace of pineapple in the kitchen.”
Okay it’s a joke, but I remember when Germany beat England 4-1 in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, two cars with German plates were extensively keyed near where I live, they were in the streets around Butlers Wharf, Tower Bridge.
We’ve all seen TV shots of morons sitting on bus roofs in London, and banging on car bonnets, and that’s when England won, God forbid that they lose tonight!

Soldato
Sincere good luck to England tonight, it will make my in-laws and some of my family happy, personally I’m still in mourning over my beloved France getting knocked out by the damned Swiss.
I received a WhatsApp that concerned me a bit, it highlights the probable repercussions if Italy win.
It features an Italian guy, supposedly from the British-Italian community, at a microphone, pleading that if Italy win on Sunday, and young England fans do what is expected of them, vandalise Italian businesses, please leave independent family owned restaurants alone.
He adds, “We will allow you to trash Bella Italia, Ask Italian, Spaghetti House, Carluccio’s, Prezzo, Zizzi, (pauses to spit in disgust), Vapiano, Domino’s, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, and any pizzeria that has even a trace of pineapple in the kitchen.”
Okay it’s a joke, but I remember when Germany beat England 4-1 in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, two cars with German plates were extensively keyed near where I live, they were in the streets around Butlers Wharf, Tower Bridge.
We’ve all seen TV shots of morons sitting on bus roofs in London, and banging on car bonnets, and that’s when England won, God forbid that they lose tonight!

Scum gonna scum whatever happens.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Even Chiellini has said that we have a ridiculous squad with a bench that could compete for the Euros. No excuses if we lose tonight. Southgate should be paraded through London as people chant “shame” if we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom