Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well social media is a complete and utter **** show.

I wouldn't go on Reddit if I was English, being called all sorts of things by Italian fans...

Just proves football is toxic as hell no matter what fans take part

Caporegime
Southgate is just a poor mans Ole. Does the easy parts of management well but completely falls down when it comes to the harder parts.

I have to say watching England through "clear eyes" has just opened mine to Ole who I have been blinded by club legend. I just hope I am proved wrong next season but the comparisons you could see coming a mile a off. The game last night was basically the same as the FA Cup semi between Man Utd and Chelsea. Made the stupid mistake of playing a back 5 and changing it to a back 4 when it was already too late. The lack of faith in the defence and putting two CDM's in making the offence null and void.

Caporegime
Our defence couldn't have been that solid because he was scared shirtless playing two CDM's.

Being the best defence whilst still attacking is what makes a great defence. Like Italy. Not packing the field with numbers to reduce the chance of conceding. That's the mentality of a manager that is fighting relegation.

England overachieved massively thanks to an easy run in.

People thinking Southgate pulled off a master class and your team is world class is hilarious.

Like I said before you would be lucky if 3 players are even in the top 11 in the premiership.

The fact people think that nobody apart from donnarumma gets into the England squad is hilarious.

Italy were without their best player and still beat you. Spinazzola. If he had been playing you guys would have been out under 90 mins for sure.

Someone thinking beating Ukraine 4-0 is a great result. Remind me again how much the whole Ukraine team is worth? Then tell me what your sub Sancho's price tag is?

Overpriced sub par footballers with a nation who thinks they are world class. Bar 2-3 players the others wouldn't get a look in elsewhere. The fact Maguire cost £80m is hilarious. Sure if he was an MMA fighter fighting mcregor I could maybe see why with his lethal elbows but apart from assaulting people what else is he actually good at?

Denmark took England to extra time, you couldn't beat Scotland. Does this sound like a great tournament and run in to you guys?

Soldato
Im out you fans are fickle

easy this, easy that

you were lucky this you were lucky that

end of the day we got to an european final and were in a final for the first time in most of our lifetimes

if we beat italy you’d all still moan about gareth, england managers job is a thankless job been a brilliant 3 wks following england and still he gets roasted no wonder english fans are hated around the world were an embaressment

Soldato
We played Germany and italy

Germany - widely accpeted as being subpar for the last few seasons, so no. Italy is the one true test and you failed. Southgates game management was rotten and Kane basically went absent for whole parts of the game. Also as i said earlier, Kane should have walked off with the golden boot for this tourney consdiering the low rent sides England played all the way to the final.

Soldato
Germany - widely accpeted as being subpar for the last few seasons, so no. Italy is the one true test and you failed. Southgates game management was rotten and Kane basically went absent for whole parts of the game. Also as i said earlier, Kane should have walked off with the golden boot for this tourney consdiering the low rent sides England played all the way to the final.

I seem to remember everyone said germany were gonna do us over

its funny how when we beat them it tirns to oh they are past it etc etc :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
Still recovering from the final,

So many comments on social media about "it should have been red" - which by the way neither was. Yet they have simply forgotten how much Italy outplayed England for what 80% of the game? Even when they conceded, just watch how good Italy were at keeping and moving the ball - the highest level of skill. They deserved it, you're in dreamland if you think otherwise.

Some key players didn't turn up for England or were Italy just that good?

Caporegime
England overachieved massively thanks to an easy run in.

People thinking Southgate pulled off a master class and your team is world class is hilarious.

Like I said before you would be lucky if 3 players are even in the top 11 in the premiership.

The fact people think that nobody apart from donnarumma gets into the England squad is hilarious.

Italy were without their best player and still beat you. Spinazzola. If he had been playing you guys would have been out under 90 mins for sure.

Someone thinking beating Ukraine 4-0 is a great result. Remind me again how much the whole Ukraine team is worth? Then tell me what your sub Sancho's price tag is?

Overpriced sub par footballers with a nation who thinks they are world class. Bar 2-3 players the others wouldn't get a look in elsewhere. The fact Maguire cost £80m is hilarious. Sure if he was an MMA fighter fighting mcregor I could maybe see why with his lethal elbows but apart from assaulting people what else is he actually good at?

Denmark took England to extra time, you couldn't beat Scotland. Does this sound like a great tournament and run in to you guys?

Not sure why you are quoting me because I agree with everything you said bar the reasoning we have poor players. A good chunk of that Italian team play for Roma who got their ass handed to them by "our poor players".

Luke Shaw is currently the best LB in Europe, Harry Kane is one of the best Strikers in Europe, Sancho has one of the most assists and goals in the entire European leagues for the past two seasons. Apart from VVD who is a better CB in the premier League? Maybe one or two at most. We have a top quality squad from top to bottom. Dean Henderson, Mason Greenwood and TTA were all left at home as well!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have to say watching England through "clear eyes" has just opened mine to Ole who I have been blinded by club legend. I just hope I am proved wrong next season but the comparisons you could see coming a mile a off. The game last night was basically the same as the FA Cup semi between Man Utd and Chelsea. Made the stupid mistake of playing a back 5 and changing it to a back 4 when it was already too late. The lack of faith in the defence and putting two CDM's in making the offence null and void.

I might be completely wrong but Italy were building their game off defence all tournament - IMO the (failed) strategy was to try and pull them off that rather than the intention being a defensive heavy setup and it just flat out failed.

Southgate should have just played the same setup as against Germany.

Soldato
Just proves football is toxic as hell no matter what fans take part

You could say the same thing about some posters in here.

I think England did bloody well to be honest. Prior to the tournament I had them going out after the group stage.

We beat Croatia!
We beat Germany!
We held Italy to a draw over 120mins

That in my book is a fantastic achievement. I'd have been happy with any one of those. We got to a final, I enjoyed it.

Thing is, even if England won the Euros, or win next years world cup, there will always be those people who continue to moan and complain.

Soldato
I seem to remember everyone said germany were gonna do us over

its funny how when we beat them it tirns to oh they are past it etc etc :rolleyes::rolleyes:

fine keep thinking that they had a great run and were just unlucky. The truth is they unfortnately played dog **** teams and when they needed to really turn up and do something tactically they couldn't

Soldato
Gutted, we bossed that game for 60 minutes, they created bugger all, a scrappy goal and a loss on pens. :(

Shame compounded by brexiters racially abusing the players. :(

Which game were you watching? The stats should say it all for you.

England were largely poor, created little and well bottled it taking pens at the England end.

Caporegime
I might be completely wrong but Italy were building their game off defence all tournament - IMO the (failed) strategy was to try and pull them off that rather than the intention being a defensive heavy setup and it just flat out failed.

Southgate should have just played the same setup as against Germany.

He did play the exact same setup against Germany and it failed miserably because Italy didn't play they way Germany played.

Soldato
Guys just ignore Psycho Sonny. He always does this on the football forum, comes in and posts a load of nonsense, gets proven wrong on multiple things, offers no comeback and vanishes until his next 'revelation'

Doesn't everyone have him on their ignore list anyway? :p

Caporegime
Still recovering from the final,

So many comments on social media about "it should have been red" - which by the way neither was. Yet they have simply forgotten how much Italy outplayed England for what 80% of the game? Even when they conceded, just watch how good Italy were at keeping and moving the ball - the highest level of skill. They deserved it, you're in dreamland if you think otherwise.

Some key players didn't turn up for England or were Italy just that good?

Hold on, you're saying that absolute shocker of a 'challenge' on Grealish wasn't a red? Over the top, studs into his thigh ... that wasn't a red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom