LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
So I've got my new cx 48 set up. Picked cinema bright room and all post processing e.g. sharpness , noise reduction to low/off following a guide.

The dark scenes and blacks looks amazing. But can't help and notice the grain in bright scenes. Is this to be expected?

Is it just the apps -netflix and Disney? Played rachet and clank on ps5 which looks stunning with no grain.
I'd be interested in the answer to this too. I find most movies look very very grainy, way more than just film grain. Even modern stuff that would've been shot on digital too.

Associate
I'd be interested in the answer to this too. I find most movies look very very grainy, way more than just film grain. Even modern stuff that would've been shot on digital too.

much in the same way great speakers will show up badly recorded audio, these tellys will highlight sub-par imagery.

Caporegime
Ounces you eyes adjust to it, it will look like a 42 inch:) so it isn't that big I personally game on a 55" OLED on my desk and that looks big to me:eek: and some here game on a 65"
Indeed I’ve now got used to the 48” screen and couldn’t ever see myself going back to a smaller screen.
I sit about 3-4 ft away when gaming, compared to my 55” c9 downstairs it’s not that much smaller.
And yes I play with a guy who games on a 77” oled screen which is absolutely crazy.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a 40 inch 4k monitor for about 2 weeks. Made me ill, motion sick etc. How anyone can use a big 48 oled on a desk is beyond me. I'm probably just old and not hip enough but my ultrawide 35 inch is about as big as I can go on my desk without jump starting a vomit.
I can happily play Horizon 4 on my 55 inch oled tv sitting a good distance away, but not close up.

Soldato
I had a 40 inch 4k monitor for about 2 weeks. Made me ill, motion sick etc. How anyone can use a big 48 oled on a desk is beyond me. I'm probably just old and not hip enough but my ultrawide 35 inch is about as big as I can go on my desk without jump starting a vomit.
I can happily play Horizon 4 on my 55 inch oled tv sitting a good distance away, but not close up.

Yeah I'd say 32" would be max for pc use

Associate
Yeah I'd say 32" would be max for pc use

42inch is the sweet spot 48inch is max level for some.

Indeed I’ve now got used to the 48” screen and couldn’t ever see myself going back to a smaller screen. I sit about 3-4 ft away when gaming, compared to my 55” c9 downstairs it’s not that much smaller. And yes I play with a guy who games on a 77” oled screen which is absolutely crazy.

We live in a crazy world, people with 77inch and over intend to have bigger houses and more money:)

How anyone can use a big 48 oled on a desk is beyond me.

I use a 55CX on desktop:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Works for me
https://i.imgur.com/xYH8cQb.jpg
jdwycQv

Soldato
Works for me

https://i.imgur.com/xYH8cQb.jpg
Double post
jdwycQv

Soldato
I'd own the biggest oled possible if they were in a reasonable price range. I think a 77" might work, but just as a TV. I'd love to use a 48" oled as a monitor, but my vision cannot handle it, even if I sit back. Something about a reasonable size monitor and sitting close to it.
I have two 55" oled tvs currently. Panasonic one from 2019 and the LG CX 55 inch.
For just TV & movies the Panasonic is better PQ wise. Everything else the LG better.
I await a 32 inch 4k LG oled (120 htz), or a ultrawide version about 35 inches diagonally

Associate
I'd own the biggest oled possible if they were in a reasonable price range. I think a 77" might work, but just as a TV. I'd love to use a 48" oled as a monitor, but my vision cannot handle it, even if I sit back. Something about a reasonable size monitor and sitting close to it. I have two 55" oled tvs currently. Panasonic one from 2019 and the LG CX 55 inch. For just TV & movies the Panasonic is better PQ wise. Everything else the LG better. I await a 32 inch 4k LG oled (120 htz), or a ultrawide version about 35 inches diagonally

You do know if you own the biggest oled possible you won't keep it for long the wife/children will own it in the end:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone calibrated/modified their hdr gamma/pq-curve on these ?
[2nd link Any user can get free access to LG 2019 PQ Curve Upload Template for DeviceControl Interface. ]
I have changed sdr gamma for day and nightime viewing and it seems there maybe a way to do this for hdr without getting a professional calibration,

If only LG included a myriad of optional changes in the menu that can increase shadow detail. Oh wait, they did just that!

Have they ? I though ability to change the tone mapping curve in hdr was only unlocked if you had the calman software, and could change pq. (potentially panasonic is the same)
eg.
https://liftgammagain.com/forum/ind...late-for-devicecontrol-interface.13237/page-3
https://displaycalibrations.com/lg_...e_and_Create_a_Connection_with_the_LG_OLED_TV
or, can you find online curves, others have generated that might meet your needs

Associate
42inch is the sweet spot 48inch is max level for some.

I use a 55CX on desktop:p

At least your neck won't seize with the amount of glancing to periphery you must do. I've got 34" 21:9 display and for games with icons on sides (RTS etc) it's just more comfortable to run in 16:9. For FPS and generally anything you play with a game pad, ultrawide is OK.

In any case you can't say what's the sweet spot for someone else, it's individual preference, viewing distance and so on. In my previous job we worked with 70" touch screen displays, using windows on that size with a stylus gets pretty funky.

Soldato
I sat at the weekend playing some Dirt 5 on my LG cx oled tv. Fun and smooth with a rtx 3080.
It's a different experience for me using a TV against my ultrawide 35 inch monitor.
I find it more pleasant closer to a smaller display for virtually any pc game.
Not adverse to using my TV for gaming, why I got the CX really.
Personal preference and I'm lucky enough to have the option for both.

Associate
At least your neck won't seize with the amount of glancing to periphery you must do. I've got 34" 21:9 display and for games with icons on sides (RTS etc) it's just more comfortable to run in 16:9. For FPS and generally anything you play with a game pad, ultrawide is OK.

If you play you on your old LCD 34inch that's in your personal taste but on another thread they all game on OLED at 48/55/65inch I put the link here;)
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/lg-48cx-oled-4k-120-hz.18883464/page-146

In any case you can't say what's the sweet spot for someone else, it's individual preference, viewing distance and so on.

You do know what is an "Opinion" is right!:)

Not adverse to using my TV for gaming, why I got the CX really. Personal preference and I'm lucky enough to have the option for both.

The LG CX/C1 was design to play HDR gaming:p and OLED gaming is far better graphics + IQ compare to LCD:) but again it's your personal taste. But with RTX card and DLSS turned on while connected to a 1080p Full HD monitor you won’t notice a difference:p

Last edited:
Associate
If you play you on your old LCD 34inch that's in your personal taste but on another thread they all game on OLED at 48/55/65inch I put the link here;)
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/lg-48cx-oled-4k-120-hz.18883464/page-146

Not that old.. I've also got an OLED55CX hooked to my living room PC, it looks nicer in HDR (and in genral) but this was about what's a comfortable size, not LCD vs OLED. 34" ultrawide is already a bit inconvenient for me at my viewing distance (literal arm's length), if there are icons at the sides, like with many strategy games you've got.

if it was 42" or bigger it'd have to be farther away than that for my use. But YMMV, at work I use 2x 24" side-by-side and that's fine for me, I don't try to take in the whole thing at once at that setup, though but kind of mentally swap from one side to the other, like in a tennis match..

Associate
Anyone else find the magic remote battery use excessive?
We hardly use it, as the Sky Q remote is in use most of the time, yet I am now on the 3rd set of batteries, and not cheapo batteries either.
Got the TV in January.

Soldato
Anyone else find the magic remote battery use excessive?
We hardly use it, as the Sky Q remote is in use most of the time, yet I am now on the 3rd set of batteries, and not cheapo batteries either.
Got the TV in January.

Recommend good rechargeable ones if its sucking normals ones dry quickly.
Another option is bitch to LG. They're likely to send you an additional remote free considering the time you've owned it.

Back
Top Bottom