graphics card upgrade will work on my system??

Soldato
Yeah you’ve twisted my arm. Case I’ll keep but going to replace everything else. I’ll have to look what I need to get, base it around a 5800 and probably one of 550 boards…..

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £769.96 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Can't go wrong with something like this.

Man of Honour
Yeah you’ve twisted my arm. Case I’ll keep but going to replace everything else. I’ll have to look what I need to get, base it around a 5800 and probably one of 550 boards…..
Hers a starting point , you will need a cooler for the 5800x could fit up to a 360mm aio water cooler in your case or any size air cooler. Always check clearances to clarify.

Total: £900.37 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Associate
Hell, there's people running i5-2500K's with RTX3070's.... yes, they're giving up quite a few FPS, but it'll still be a solid, noticeable upgrade, especially for higher resolution gaming.

Bide your time and upgrade the CPU in a few months when there's either DDR5 systems coming out or grab a bargain as people start dumping decent spec AM4 rigs on the 2nd hand market to jump on the next bandwagon...

edit: that said, if one of those "bundles" is within budget, you'll be even more impressed with the new GPU!

The guys have given you a few decent bundles, but I'd be tempted by a more budget B550 board <£100) and spend the extra on a decent Air Cooler (Noctua / Ice Giant, etc).

Hers a starting point , you will need a cooler for the 5800x could fit up to a 360mm aio water cooler in your case or any size air cooler. Always check clearances to clarify.

Total: £900.37 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Soldato
I think the people waiting for some sort of miraculous performance uplift on the basis of DDR5 are going to be sorely disappointed.

Gaming is quite latency dependant, and DDR5 is going to suffer from absolutely horrendous latency. I've personally zero interest in first gen DDR5 platforms, I'd rather wait a gen or two and jump on something current in the meantime.

Associate
OP
So I’m playing on my old system with my 3070 and it runs way better than old system. I’m considering now just getting a new monitor and waiting for alderlake stuff.

fancy one of these for £300 if anyone has got opinions on it…

LG 27GL850-B 27" 2560X1440 NANO IPS 144HZ 1MS FREESYNC/G-SYNC COMPATIBLE WIDESCREEN LED GAMING MONIT

Soldato
So I’m playing on my old system with my 3070 and it runs way better than old system. I’m considering now just getting a new monitor and waiting for alderlake stuff.

fancy one of these for £300 if anyone has got opinions on it…

LG 27GL850-B 27" 2560X1440 NANO IPS 144HZ 1MS FREESYNC/G-SYNC COMPATIBLE WIDESCREEN LED GAMING MONIT
If your happy with the performance then waiting for Alderlake / AM5 does make sense as you'll like get another couple of years of CPU upgrades whereas AM4 and LGA1200 are both pretty much EOL now.

I have that LG monitor and very happy with it.

Associate
OP
If your happy with the performance then waiting for Alderlake / AM5 does make sense as you'll like get another couple of years of CPU upgrades whereas AM4 and LGA1200 are both pretty much EOL now.

I have that LG monitor and very happy with it.
Thanks, I’m ordering one now : )

Back
Top Bottom