Seat Leon estate (I bought an Octavia VRS 230)

Soldato
I find the ride and road noise in my one atrocious but that is with the optional upgraded (1" bigger) wheels and as my one is a 1.4 it has a rear torsion bar which I don't think is the case on the 1.8.

It's fine I guess, interior quality is pretty average and I've had plenty of squeaks and creaks from pretty much day 1.

Rear legroom is pretty poor IMO so if you are using it for family car duties give that some consideration. It wasn't an issue when I first got my one but having put the baby seat in the back the front seat has had to come way forward. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue for my wife but I would be pretty cramped sitting in the passenger seat now.

Oh, and the climate control randomly crashes, thankfully very infrequently. The physical controls all look to be working so the first you know about it is you are being cooked or frozen. Going into the Climate menu on the infotainment will show the system as being off so I just have to switch it off manually then hit auto again to resolve it.

I think my one may have been a Friday afternoon job though as it has loads of little niggles including suspension creaks, exhaust vibrations at idle etc. Of course the main dealer can't detect any of these issues. Paint on the rear bumper is now showing issues with the clearcoat too on the horizontal surface by the boot.

As a company car it is ok but I wouldn't spend my own money on one which is a shame as I think it is quite a nice looking motor.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There isn't much room behind my drivers seat and I'm 6ft. Definitely worth looking at.

I hadn't realised how bad it was until I fitted a group 0+ rear facing seat :o

My kids are just on boosters now, soon one of them can be without.
I remember the A4 Avant we had wasn't as great as you'd think. The S4 avant was even worse, because of the sport seats it had.

Man of Honour
I upped milage and age, as that was based on the Leon's, but not much more comes up.

You're looking at the F10 generation 5 Series, very few petrol models were ever sold as this was a car designed and built at the height of diesel popularity. They are very rare in petrol form.

Soldato
There's an Octavia vrs down the road.......

Not massively keen on the 508 styling, sure looks a big car though!
When I was sent used car shopping with my company car budget my first thought was an Octavia but the lure of a pre-reg Leon vs a used Octavia was too much to resist. I honestly think that was the wrong decision in hindsight.

Soldato
OP
When I was sent used car shopping with my company car budget my first thought was an Octavia but the lure of a pre-reg Leon vs a used Octavia was too much to resist. I honestly think that was the wrong decision in hindsight.

Did you swap to an Octavia after some time then?
Why do you say it was the wrong decision?

Back
Top Bottom