BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
No, it's an in stock car.
2 weeks for factory order? Impressive

Yeah its in BMW group stock. Had I known that I may have tried with my Local dealer rather than one in Glasgow. But the salesman I'm dealing with seems a top bloke.

I'm also a decent customer...... Rings up yeah I'll take it once you sort the price out

Hello Matt, Yeah we sorted the price

Great I'll take it...

Easy. Nice that BMW have an ultimate Pack that helps speed up the search somewhat

Soldato
I ordered mine this year on the 12th April and collected it on the 28th May. It was still a factory build but in an open slot. Not unheard of as my previous A4 also was the same. Fortunately I just managed to beat the semiconductor issues as well..

Associate
Finally got a pic

wdUlszx.jpg
Very nice, I do really like the 4GC shape to be honest - how are you finding it so far?

I'm looking to finally move on from my E90 335i and not really sure where to go next - would like to stick with BMW as the extended warranty has saved my backside a good few times over the years...

Caporegime
Very nice, I do really like the 4GC shape to be honest - how are you finding it so far?

I'm looking to finally move on from my E90 335i and not really sure where to go next - would like to stick with BMW as the extended warranty has saved my backside a good few times over the years...
Not done a huge amount of driving around but it’s a lovely place to be. Quite low though, my parents, in their 70’s almost needed help getting out of it! And I agree about the GC shape and design. Suits the car better than the standard 2 door coupe IMO. I’d recommend one, but perhaps not different enough to your 335i. Give one a try though, it is one generation newer. Could also try and find a 440i?

Soldato
Finally got a pic

wdUlszx.jpg

Congrats :)

I'd definitely recommend it, unless you can stretch to the G20 m340i! It's quite a big upgrade from my e92 (that my fiancée now uses), especially now having driven them back to back fairly regularly

KITtw0S.jpg
Xl1CZsx.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Congrats :)

I'd definitely recommend it, unless you can stretch to the G20 m340i! It's quite a big upgrade from my e92 (that my fiancée now uses), especially now having driven them back to back fairly regularly

KITtw0S.jpg
Xl1CZsx.jpg
That's a lovely looking motor and an even better-looking place for it to live! Congrats :)

Have to be honest the G20's don't really do it for me for some reason, had a couple as courtesy cars and some of the interior trim felt really quite cheap and tacky - mind you, I am driving around in a 14-year old E90 so my opinion probably isn't valid on that front...

Part of me is desperate to scratch the V8 itch and I'm regretting not going ahead with an E92 M3 purchase I was considering last year now, the prices have gone through the roof :eek:

Man of Honour
Have to be honest the G20's don't really do it for me for some reason, had a couple as courtesy cars and some of the interior trim felt really quite cheap and tacky - mind you, I am driving around in a 14-year old E90 so my opinion probably isn't valid on that front..

The G20 is so much better than the E90 in every way I can think of. It's a giant leap.

Associate
The G20 is so much better than the E90 in every way I can think of. It's a giant leap.
Oh absolutely, I wasn't doubting the obvious advancements that have been made in 2 generations of 3 series design - the G20 is (quite logically) light years ahead.

I just didn't like some of the interior design choices, that's all.

Soldato
Honestly mate, love the property and cars!

A man can dream :)

Cheers :)

Oh absolutely, I wasn't doubting the obvious advancements that have been made in 2 generations of 3 series design - the G20 is (quite logically) light years ahead.

I just didn't like some of the interior design choices, that's all.

I mean I'm as big an e92 fan as it gets really, and certainly can agree there are some things that feel less solid in the g36 (but not enough that the car isn't loads better overall!), but the G20 is IMO miles better on the interior than any 3 series before it.

Man of Honour
You need to ask yourself first why you need to get some coolant. A 2015 F10 has no coolant change interval and is a sealed pressurised system. There should be no material loss of coolant.

There is, however, a known issue with the EGR system a symptom of which is coolant loss and was subject to a recall.

Associate
As Fox says its likely to be the EGR fault if you haven't already had it fixed via the recall. It seemed to affect a lot of diesels from this time period, the 2015 430D I had went in a couple of years ago and they were drowning in recalls then.

Back
Top Bottom