Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Not all snow foam is created equal - some will make a lovely foam but not really do much (at least visibly anyway) whilst others, such as Bilt Hamber's Autofoam, don't necessarily foam up and cling to make pretty pictures but they actually have half decent cleaning ability and visibly leave the car cleaner after use. If you're just doing a weekly wash on a lightly dirty car, it may well be the only wash stage you need to bother with to get a decent looking result.

Soldato
Not all snow foam is created equal - some will make a lovely foam but not really do much (at least visibly anyway) whilst others, such as Bilt Hamber's Autofoam, don't necessarily foam up and cling to make pretty pictures but they actually have half decent cleaning ability and visibly leave the car cleaner after use. If you're just doing a weekly wash on a lightly dirty car, it may well be the only wash stage you need to bother with to get a decent looking result.

also satisfying is to use snow foam lance applied wash, and a snow foam lance applied wax - the AutoGlym Polar Wash and Polar Seal are pretty impressive products and hugely reduce the time for very similar results IMO.

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks guys.

Gave my car the first wash of my ownership yesterday evening, and other than a handful of stone chips, it's immaculate.

There is some very light swirling which my DA should take care off, so the first detailing session shouldn't be too back-breaking. Just need to wait for the right weather and some spare time now!

fAlGiz9.jpg

Associate
^Looks in great condition, alloys too.

Anyone using Bilt Hamber Touch-Less snow foam?

I've bought it to try, having seen Youtube reviews and I've used their Auto Foam and also Autobrite Magifoam previously. Have only used it for one wash so far but it's cleaning ability is pretty good and you can see the dirt stripping off as the foam gets to work. Although it seems like I'm using a lot more product compared to Magifoam - 520ml BH (at 4% PIR) compared to about 100ml Magifoam - I can probably squeeze 2 washes out of a 1L lance bottle. One big advantage is that it sprays off and drains away much easier compared to Magifoam with equal or slightly better cleaning power but at additional cost due to using more product.

Soldato
Are there any recommend tools for removing dog hair? I've tried to hoover it, but it doesn't work. Next attempt is going to be some duct tape & lint roller but wondering if there was a go-to gadget. I use a dog hammock in the boot, so the floor and back of the rear seats are OK but the sides are covered and want to shift it.

Soldato
^Looks in great condition, alloys too.

Anyone using Bilt Hamber Touch-Less snow foam?

I've bought it to try, having seen Youtube reviews and I've used their Auto Foam and also Autobrite Magifoam previously. Have only used it for one wash so far but it's cleaning ability is pretty good and you can see the dirt stripping off as the foam gets to work. Although it seems like I'm using a lot more product compared to Magifoam - 520ml BH (at 4% PIR) compared to about 100ml Magifoam - I can probably squeeze 2 washes out of a 1L lance bottle. One big advantage is that it sprays off and drains away much easier compared to Magifoam with equal or slightly better cleaning power but at additional cost due to using more product.

Not yet, but I want to try it next. I used to have Autofoam, I currently have AB Magifoam, but I don't think it cleans as well, and as you say, it lingers for ages on the road and driveway.

Regarding PIR - I recently went to the effort of measuring the output of my snowfoam lance so I could work out the PIR properly, as I intend to go back to Bilt Hamber, when the Magifoam runs out. The lance bottle holds 1l, but I find that's more than enough to do two washes, so I based it on only half filling the bottle.
I put 500ml of water in the bottle, and ran the lance into a bucket with markings (lance was set to full). When the bottle was empty, I had 7250ml in the bucket.

If my maths is correct, I simply multiply 7250 by 0.04, giving me 290.
So in order to achieve the 4% PIR for BH, I need to put 290ml into my foam lance, and top it up to 500ml with water. Is that right? It seems pretty high to me, and much higher than the concentration I'd been using before.

Are there any recommend tools for removing dog hair? I've tried to hoover it, but it doesn't work. Next attempt is going to be some duct tape & lint roller but wondering if there was a go-to gadget. I use a dog hammock in the boot, so the floor and back of the rear seats are OK but the sides are covered and want to shift it.

I bought this a few weeks ago. It's ace. Really pulls the hair out of the carpet and any fabric. Useful around the house on sofas and chairs, etc as well.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SHZQ5Y9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Soldato
If my maths is correct, I simply multiply 7250 by 0.04, giving me 290.
So in order to achieve the 4% PIR for BH, I need to put 290ml into my foam lance, and top it up to 500ml with water. Is that right? It seems pretty high to me, and much higher than the concentration I'd been using before.

Yeah that’s correct. I thought the same when I calculated my PIR, but I get 5-6 washes per 750ml lance bottle, at 450ml product + 300ml water. Think it works out to something like 55 washes per 5 litre auto foam, so like 30-40p per wash.

Underboss
to work out PIR, you need to fill up your soap bottle with water, then connect to your hose, spray water out into a bucket until the bottle is empty, then measure how much water is in the bucket

IMGUR not working so i cant upload directions from Bilt Hamber

Last edited:
Associate
I suspect i know the answer to this, but my tiguan has suede seats, the drivers seat fabric has started to go shiny from over-use. Is there anything you know of that might be able to treat the seats and make them more suede-y and less shiney? Its mainly the area where your thighs sit on the seat.

Thanks.

Soldato
Car Plan - Trade Valet Hi Foam Wash is 5L for £13 on Amazon… It’s the same stuff as Demonfoam just different branding much cheaper… looks the same, smells the same and has the same data sheet if I recall correctly.

I paid £9 a couple of years ago for 5L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom