Spec me a battery conditioner

Soldato
I have one and my Dad has 3 - each one has been so good it's led to buying another. I agree with you Mike, can't understand the dislike. They work and feel like quality products to me?

Same we have a few in my family and they have all been faultless including the ones on the classic cars. Definitely would recommend them.

Soldato
I can only add another Ctek MXS 5.0 recommendation I'm afraid. Keeps my MX5 battery happy over its 6 month hibernation (I don't leave it on all that time though) but what impressed me most was using the recondition mode on out neglected Polo battery that went quite low over winter and I thought was scrap. Left it bubbling away overnight and it's been fine since even with month long intervals between use.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFRXXR0e0Xk within the first 5 seconds he calls it an abomonation of a design, when I looked at fixing mine a while back I also found similar videos of people pointing our poor quality/design.

I didn't watch the whole video but I skipped to a point where he was moaning about the LEDs for the charging steps being totally dumb and just controlled by a timer and quickly realized the guy has no idea what he's talking about because that's absolutely not true so I would take the whole video with a pinch of salt.

I've had an MUS 4.3 for 5 years and it's still working perfectly.

Caporegime
Ctek MXS5.0 here. Fixed my M3 battery after lock down and used it on loads of mates cars. Now got the quick connector setup in the boot

Not sure the button issue is a real issue. All cars I’ve used are AGM anyway so never need to use the button even swapping between cars.

Caporegime
I bought a cheap one from Lidl and it does the job fine. Car has been in the garage for a year now and moved the car out of the garage in April and still started after a month not being connected to the charger as it was left outside. Modified it with quick connectors which is hid behind the number plate so it takes me all of ten seconds to connect up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom