Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Unchanged from last time really.... mostly. Fewer items on the desk, new mouse mat and that's it :p

If it ain't broke, nothing needs fixing lol.

Unless mean the PC? In which case binned the HDDs inside, all SSDs now, and the RTX upgrade mid last year.

your general desk setup

I remember years ago, I used to look at your web dir for your desk setup…it soothed my ocd as it was so crispy - then you locked it down :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
your general desk setup

I remember years ago, I used to look at your web dir for your desk setup…it soothed my ocd as it was so crispy - then you locked it down :D

Perv stalker :p

Ok just for you.

desktop_2021.07_topview-mouse.jpg

desktop_2021.07_corner_WFH-LT.jpg

desktop_2021.07_NAD-D-3045.jpg

desktop_2021.07_mic-CR-Ergo-etc.jpg

desktop_2021.07_tower.jpg

desktop_2021.07_Qi-charger-phone-etc.jpg

desktop_2021.07_M3.jpg

desktop_2021.07_Kef.jpg

desktop_2021.07_frontview.jpg

Many hours are spent here editing and creating, so for me it has to be just right with certain things like the audio setup which is able to firmly plant me into another zone when music is on and I can focus.

Soldato
Perv stalker :p

Ok just for you.

[/spoiler]

Many hours are spent here editing and creating, so for me it has to be just right with certain things like the audio setup which is able to firmly plant me into another zone when music is on and I can focus.
How great is USB-C? Long and boring story but I got addicted on the benefit when I fitted my LG Q27q upstairs that I created a similar setup on my Dell SG27 using docks/USB-C extension lead. Works so great.

Soldato
How great is USB-C? Long and boring story but I got addicted on the benefit when I fitted my LG Q27q upstairs that I created a similar setup on my Dell SG27 using docks/USB-C extension lead. Works so great.

I always subscribed to the fact that with previous USB connectors you always tried to plug something in three times. First time you thought you probably had it wrong if it didn't easily slot straight in, then you tried it the other way around and realised it now was really wrong so you confidently tried the third time with success. USB-C saves me seconds many, many times a day - thank the lord for the connector type!

Soldato
I always subscribed to the fact that with previous USB connectors you always tried to plug something in three times. First time you thought you probably had it wrong if it didn't easily slot straight in, then you tried it the other way around and realised it now was really wrong so you confidently tried the third time with success. USB-C saves me seconds many, many times a day - thank the lord for the connector type!
Like this?
https://imgur.com/gallery/QZ75W5w

This is a good benefit, especially tucked behind the desk. However I am mainly talking about the bandwidth improvements - a single USB-C is currently giving me 4k at 165Hz (IIRC), USB webcam, mouse and keyboard (y).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Type-C is so good, but it's really annoying that there are still multiple standards within the Type-C umbrella that makers can't simply decide on and stick with.

You have USB Type-C which covers the following minimum cable/spec types (there are other spec types like Thunderbolt which is covered by Type-C): https://www.onlogic.com/company/io-...nyKvKSgfBNLAscaYUZAVlBQzu_jABMD4aAm8dEALw_wcB

When buying cables it's a bit of a minefield because whilst it's a Type-C connector, the generation support and whether it also covers the full power delivery reqs for what you need must be considered. So whilst Type-C does meet the promise of a universal connector type for /everything/ - IT has become a mess of spec standards that nobody can just stick to.

As such I have a Type-C 3.1 Gen 1 cable running from the back of my PC's 3.1 Gen 1 port for data transfer between devices like phone, card reader which is Gen 1 3.1 too, then a Type-C cable purely for charging connected to the Samsung super fast charger for my phone, then a QC3.0 Anker block connected to a magnetic Type-C cable that I use on my battery chargers as they need a QC3.0 source to fast charge. I then have another QC 3.0 Type-C cable going into the wireless fast charging pad. Edit* Almost forgot! There's also a discreet cable running along the side to the laptop which is Type-C cable capable of 100 watts going from an Anker 65W Type-C charger!

I have the little cable organiser thing to keep it all tidy but I could have had all that under 1 single Type-C cable if the standards were just one single spec that covered all charge and data rates from one source connection.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm quite ill and been on benefits for a number of years as I'm looking after a mother with epilepsy and stepdad recovering from covid and pneumonia amongst a host of other illnesses.

Sorry about it looking like that.

@Palladium

Associate
No worries, I'm off work this week and I'm taking a break from DIY today and sorting out my new NAS. I don't have smart meters installed currently so I can't comment on the electricity usage I'm afraid.

I didn't care about the see-through glass but the long haired general saw it in the shop and wanted it. :D

You can get one with an internal 4L (from memory) reservoir. Since ours is only a few cupboards away from the sink and thus cold water feed we went for that one. I'm unsure how much it stores in the fridge but it must have it chilled as it also makes ice with the feed.

The currently installed and integrated fridge is comically small with an overly large freezer compartment. We may get rid of the unit to free up space but we wanted to see how we get along with the new one and if it's large enough for everything. We buy shopping in bulk and cook from fresh so food takes up a lot of room in the fridge and my mrs likes her wine and I like my beer which takes up more room! So we might replace the integrated fridge/freezer with just a small fridge and have half of the cupboard back for space.

I didn't buy the extra warranty but I might contact JL to take it out as it's an expensive item.

Cheers for the reply.

Re: water container.

There are 3 models, a slim either plumbed in or has a tank, a standard either plumbed in or tank and a top of the line which is only plumbed in. The ones with the tank have it in the middle of the fridge on the right side, you lose about as much space as having a large box of cereal in the fridge on its side.

Associate
Decided to replace my 4 year old Inspiron 13 with the latest version.

Stupidly overpowered for most of what it'll be used for but it's proper shiny (the screen is stupidly reflective) :)

Z5m5Y0S.jpg

Back
Top Bottom