What have you done to your car today?

Man of Honour
Ran some AC cleaner through my cars AC system as it kept coming out with a really musty smell every time i turned it off. Fresh as a daisy now :D

Need to do mine properly :( with the first bit of hot weather it started smelling musty for a few seconds after first starting up. Had a go at it with an AC cleaner but it lasted about 2 days before coming back again.

Caporegime
More damage is inflicted on cars in, getting in or getting out of garages than just parking on the drive :p

I once reversed a car out of the garage with a door open and hit against the opening. I was working nights at the time and barely awake :p.

Mine now is basically music chairs. I have to get the car in half way. Get out and push the car in manually as the racking blocks the door.

OXld4Ww_d.webp

Last edited:
Soldato
More damage is inflicted on cars in, getting in or getting out of garages than just parking on the drive :p

Truth, my S15 has taken a lot of paint damage over the years of being stored in a tiny single garage and the inevitable stuff getting stored on top of it. On the plus side though it's been dry and secure, so by far still the preferable option to keeping it outside and ending up with a pile of iron oxide and mould.

Man of Honour
ending up with a pile of iron oxide and mould
That's why I put mine in the garage, plus to save driveway space. I'd love a bigger garage, in fact when we were house hunting I was originally looking at doubles. Sadly a single is all I could find within a budget we were prepared to spend. Once I get some shelving up it'll be fine, I've been putting the FD2 in and out of a garage for 2+ years without issue and I hope that continues.

Soldato
My car has been fixed :)

@watercooledman it wasn’t written off ;)

Only slight concern which I raised at the repair garage was that the panels they’ve touched are slightly different in shade, appearing lighter than the other panels.

Almost like the red of the ST compared to the red of the standard Fiesta.

They said to give it a few days to settle and if it is still different they’ll happily take it back and sort it for me :)

Permabanned
My car has been fixed :)

@watercooledman it wasn’t written off ;)

Only slight concern which I raised at the repair garage was that the panels they’ve touched are slightly different in shade, appearing lighter than the other panels.

Almost like the red of the ST compared to the red of the standard Fiesta.

They said to give it a few days to settle and if it is still different they’ll happily take it back and sort it for me :)

well blow me away :)
but that shade will not go away and it will never be perfect hence why they usually would have written it off.

if it were me i would ask for a full respray of the whole car :) :)

Soldato
Need to do mine properly :( with the first bit of hot weather it started smelling musty for a few seconds after first starting up. Had a go at it with an AC cleaner but it lasted about 2 days before coming back again.

One of the suggestions from a bit of googling are using an ozone generator, they don't seem to come cheap tho. So far in mine the smell hasn't come back with the AC cleaner.

Don
Had the Focus serviced and MOT'd on Friday, taking it back to the Ford Service centre today as they conducted a "Body and Paint Check" as part of the service, however have flagged nothing on it despite there being some some bubbling paint, and signs of rust on both rear arches.

They have said they will inspect it and then go from there, although I'm not particularly hopeful :(

Today - took it to the nearest Ford approved bodyshop that deals with warranty work (25 miles away), they are submitting a claim to Ford, but the chap wasn't hopeful as he claimed it was due to stone chips rather than rusting from the inside out.

Will have to wait on the outcome :(

Soldato
Good that it was fixed, but they’ve fobbed you off. The colour isn’t going to change in a couple of days :confused:

When I picked the car up, it had only recently been finished.

I’m inclined to believe them as paint/lacquer does take some time to dry. Also, the car itself is very weird in different lighting. It can go from orange to a deep pinky red.

They’re top notch in there so I have no concerns about whether they’d take it back in :)

They even fixed a couple of dents and scratches free of charge for me.

Associate

If you aren't happy, go back asap. As others have said a colour isn't going to magically change in a few days. Probably hoping that you leave it long enough that they can weasel out of doing it properly!

Associate
How bad is it? If it's really 'tired' then I've had decent success using a magic/melamine sponge, but you need to be careful as it's lightly abrasive. Plenty of YouTube guides that'll help.

Just looks really dull and faded to me.
Thanks will look into what you mentioned!

Depends what you are trying to do but I've had good results with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care and a microfibre cloth.

Just saw that funnily enough on the Halfords site on offer at the moment.
Wouldn’t mind a Mattish finish just to improve appearance.

This evening going to attempt to refit my steering cover once the sun cools down.
Needed doing for months but put off due to how long it took be first time
Starting to annoy me now though as some section has come completely undone

Last edited:
Soldato
When I picked the car up, it had only recently been finished.

I’m inclined to believe them as paint/lacquer does take some time to dry. Also, the car itself is very weird in different lighting. It can go from orange to a deep pinky red.

They’re top notch in there so I have no concerns about whether they’d take it back in :)

They even fixed a couple of dents and scratches free of charge for me.
The big test for paint match dead easy, drive it to a petrol station at night and check under the lighting there... for whatever reason night time viewing in petrol station throws red bigtime!!! Red (which is a killer on old cars and can fade if not kept upto scratch) is probably the hardest colour to match with Silver... you have to have a top sprayer to match... it's never ever going to be 100% on an older car due to paint changing over time with sun etc... but least it's done. However in petrol station take a photo if not happy... if happy then job's a good un!

Soldato
I guess not what I've done, but had stage 1 done on my Fiesta ST by Sabre Tuning. Much more lively and pulls really hard from 3.5k rpm. Didn't get stock printout but it was at 204bhp 220lbft to this:

u6iQNf3.jpg

Soldato
Had a whiteline front anti roll bar fitted on my MPS.

Matches the rear White line bar now.

Also fitted some hard race drop links to go with it.

Plus, oil change, and filter changes.

Back
Top Bottom