Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Soldato
Finally got the game installed and had a quick check at benchmarks etc. Then switched off the PC at night. Has anyone else had it where the game seems to want to finalise its install each time the PC is rebooted...? I get the message when the PC boots that it is "processing" that game and, I think, that it is Direct X and Vulkan that pops up to show that they are being installed. Runs fine after but so far on each boot of the machine I get that loop.

Soldato
Finally got the game installed and had a quick check at benchmarks etc. Then switched off the PC at night. Has anyone else had it where the game seems to want to finalise its install each time the PC is rebooted...? I get the message when the PC boots that it is "processing" that game and, I think, that it is Direct X and Vulkan that pops up to show that they are being installed. Runs fine after but so far on each boot of the machine I get that loop.

I had to delete the main folder and re-install to get my game working.

Soldato
You can Verify game files,Settings>Choose game on the left>Verify Game File Integrity.If that's what you mean.

Yeah it was and thanks I have now done that. Checked ok. For some reason on each and every boot it would need Direct X, Vulkan and then MS C++ to be reinstalled. It would not be ready to play until those were done. They were all installed, even installed a later version of Vulkan.
Reluctantly I have uninstalled both the game and then the games launcher, rebooted and now installed the launcher to defaults, rather than my E drive. I'll now need to install the game again. Sometimes games launchers like to be on the default C drive, or so I reckon.
I'm still installing the game to my E drive tho.

Soldato
Hopefully it will work, at 120GB each time I install it I don't want to do it too often...!

I do like how you can add other game libraries to the GOG games launcher / interface. I have my Steam, Epi and UBI games there within the one launcher. A pity that it can't add the RS one, as yet. I have suggested that to GOG. My system tray gets kinda full of all the different games platforms needed these days.
There is info tho on the GitHub how other libraries can be added to it.

Associate
Will be honest and I say I found it boring as hell, Had it since launch still havent completed it and haven't played it in months, Always find myself going back to Witcher 3. Amazing looking game though.

Associate
Will be honest and I say I found it boring as hell, Had it since launch still havent completed it and haven't played it in months, Always find myself going back to Witcher 3. Amazing looking game though.

I never got what the fuss was about. Have zero desire to play it again, you couldn't pay me. The controls are most frustrating I've ever played in a game, constantly being over ridden for "cinematic feels". The story also has this repeating loop of a grand plan, a heist, that one last job, only to fail over and over again, which I got frustrated at.

Soldato
After I played SP to death I tried a bit of online free roam as a single player before I uninstalled it, I did quite well on some of the missions against bots. I occasionally saw another player highlighted in blue.
Then I came across some firing nearby involving at least one live player who's name was highlighted in red and before I got anywhere near I was instantly shot dead, I respawned nearby, took two steps and was dead within seconds by the same player. Spawned again and ran off towards my horse but never made it, one hit and I'm dead. The 'parley' option came up which gives you 10 minutes where neither side can shoot but I just disconnected from the game.
It seems that playing with a controller allows extremely accurate auto aim so the player who thinks he is ever so clever just can't miss, or is he using a one shot/kill hack?
The auto aim options are missing from the K&M settings and there are lots of complaints on the net. If joining a team you can select free aim lobby's but I have no real interest in online play

Back
Top Bottom