• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Time Spy Standard DX 12 Bench.

Caporegime
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/21553777

3090 @2220/5700
7980XE @5Ghz
Driver 456.55

GPU Score: 23925
CPU Score: 19881
Overall Score: 23216

Making hay while the sun (unfortunately, for this) shines.
Nice score, don't think I'll be catching that.

What cooling are you using?

You should post some Firestrike Extreme and Ultra benchmarks in the Ocuk threads as I'm sure you'd be near the top for Nvidia GPUs.

Associate
Nice score, don't think I'll be catching that.

What cooling are you using?

You should post some Firestrike Extreme and Ultra benchmarks in the Ocuk threads as I'm sure you'd be near the top for Nvidia GPUs.

I use a chiller on my gaming loop. Overall the rig is still going pretty well and can game at these clocks (although I'm running the VRAM slightly down in the July heat) - but apparently it isn't powerful enough to meet Win11 minimum specs, so sadly my trust 7980xe will need replacing soon :p

Great work on your 6900XT there, that's an awesome card.

Caporegime
I use a chiller on my gaming loop. Overall the rig is still going pretty well and can game at these clocks (although I'm running the VRAM slightly down in the July heat) - but apparently it isn't powerful enough to meet Win11 minimum specs, so sadly my trust 7980xe will need replacing soon :p

Yeah I can see those temps are really nice. I think you've got 1st place locked down. :)

I would avoid Windows 11 for a while yet, wait till it's out and stable and most importantly, offering better performance than Win 10. :p

Soldato

:eek: Why would a 7980xe not be powerful enough for Win 11 :eek:

Associate
:eek: Why would a 7980xe not be powerful enough for Win 11 :eek:

Neither 7980XE or 9980XE are on the supported CPU list for Win11 and the Win11 checker announces that they are incompatible when its run. Of course in reality, it may be possible to finagle an Insider build to install anyway. The TPM 2.0 situation is a little unclear but the 10980XE (which is supported) is mostly the same hardware but has some hardware security mitigations baked in, which is where MS may have drawn the line.

At present it seems that Win11 will refuse to install on a 7980XE or 9980XE system.

I expect there will be a way to get it to work, and if not I can put another chip in; it's just amusing to have the Win11 checker tell me to buy a new Dell or something so I can have a machine powerful enough to run Windows :)

Back
Top Bottom