Car suddenly very loud...

Caporegime
Drove to work this morning and everything was fine. Started it up after work and was met with a sound that can only be described as chav boy racer exhaust...

Put it this way, when I accelerate everyone turns their heads because it's so horribly loud.

Is this a common issue, and is it expensive to fix?

Soldato
Strange for it to change so quickly but there's evidently an issue with the exhaust system. Has someone sawn the catalytic converter off?

Otherwise, it's impossible for us to tell you what's required, unfortunately, without actually looking at it. Take it to a local garage, if you can, and get it up on their ramps.

Man of Honour
Is it only noisy when accelerating and is normal when idling?

Hopefully not a cat theft and it's just a hole etc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Managed to squeeze myself under and found the culprit. Pipe has come out of the back box... I know hardly anything about exhausts but I'm assuming this could be a rather quick fix and nothing too serious? Although it does look rather rusty...

IMG-20210717-095043.jpg

Thanks all.

Caporegime
OP
Absolutely no idea how I didn't notice this before but there is a crease in the middle of my bumper so some **** has hit it. There's also a scrape/dent down the rear wheel arch! Hit it once in the rear and then somehow managed to hit it again when they've pulled off? Ffs, how?

IMG-20210717-165500.jpg

IMG-20210717-165846.jpg

Man of Honour
That's annoying. I bet when they hit the rear bumper it pushed the exhaust in and snapped it at the rear box :(

Any cameras where you were parked?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Absolutely no idea how I didn't notice this before but there is a crease in the middle of my bumper so some **** has hit it. There's also a scrape/dent down the rear wheel arch! Hit it once in the rear and then somehow managed to hit it again when they've pulled off? Ffs, how?

Skill and judgement, I expect.

Back
Top Bottom