**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Associate
I replaced the crap tyres that the dealer fitted before I bought my car, I managed to get 30k miles out them. But they where so awful in the wet and towards the they got a bit out shape.. I replace them with some Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2’s after seeing some reviews, they seem to be good tyres for the price. Got to say they feel great so far, they are a softer compound so I don’t think they will last as the ones replaced.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Anyone with all seasons, how are the tyres faring in this weather?
I had Goodyear Vectors (1st Gen) on my 1.4 Golf VII and they spun up and squealed quite a lot in this weather. But they also spun up a lot in the wet. Wasn't impressed at all.
I think All Season tyres have come a long way since Gen 1 Vectors though.

Sgarrista
Commissario
I ran the PS4S on my M3 for around 35k miles on the back, down to 2.2mm when I changed them, and honestly I couldn't tell the difference between brand new and nearly completely worn out! Really incredible tyres.

The thing that gets the PS4S is the heat cycles if you track them. But unless youre pushing on like on a track they just last and last and last.

Man of Honour
Anyone with all seasons, how are the tyres faring in this weather?

Not all seasons but I'm not as impressed with my Bridgestone Turanza t005s in this kind of weather - definitely don't come to a stop quite as quickly under heavy braking, increased road noise and a little vague on the road compared to normal or wet driving.

Soldato
@Acme
IMG_20210530_230402.jpg

IMG_20210530_232640.jpg

They were t1R's :cry: Also i test drove the car in the wet. Can confirm it was interesting. I have not been out in the wet since i bought it.

Man of Honour
Just got an email from my local tyre guy telling me my new Cup 2's will arrive Monday. Timing seems good too as I got a low pressure warning yesterday afternoon and lots of wheel spin with traction sensors going mad, all very odd as after I put some air in the offending tyre it hasn't moved and seems fine again.

Thoughts on how is could lose pressure and then seem fine again once pumped up. No obvious nail in it?

Soldato
I’ve got to get some new tyres for my Fiesta all round, and while I’ve been impressed handling wise by the falkens, a decent MOT highlighted they’re low on tread after 16k miles and also cracked. Most of my journeys are long distance on A/motorway - seems a little soon?

Anyhow, which tyres do you think I should go for?

I think the top rated are the Eagle F1 Asymetric, but they’re quite pricey per corner

I’ve otherwise been impressed by the Falkens, with excellent grip in the dry and wet compared to previous £30 tyres from when I got the car.

They’re also great with standing water :)

Extra info: due to sell the car in the new year.
205/40/R17

Caporegime
Just got an email from my local tyre guy telling me my new Cup 2's will arrive Monday. Timing seems good too as I got a low pressure warning yesterday afternoon and lots of wheel spin with traction sensors going mad, all very odd as after I put some air in the offending tyre it hasn't moved and seems fine again.

Thoughts on how is could lose pressure and then seem fine again once pumped up. No obvious nail in it?

Maybe just the fact the temps are a lot cooler nowadays? Did you check the other tyre pressures?

Man of Honour
Maybe just the fact the temps are a lot cooler nowadays? Did you check the other tyre pressures?
It was a moment in time. I check them each time I go out, I tend to sit with the tyre pressures in the middle display when I drive. I think it is a sensor issue, hence the traction control going a bit daft as I have just popped out in the car and all 4 tyres are stable and the one I added air to is sitting a touch higher. This car has some very temperamental sensors. New tyres will go on after Silverstone on the 9th, subject to a check prior to the event to see if they are still all good.

Underboss
I’ve got to get some new tyres for my Fiesta all round, and while I’ve been impressed handling wise by the falkens, a decent MOT highlighted they’re low on tread after 16k miles and also cracked. Most of my journeys are long distance on A/motorway - seems a little soon?

Anyhow, which tyres do you think I should go for?

I think the top rated are the Eagle F1 Asymetric, but they’re quite pricey per corner

I’ve otherwise been impressed by the Falkens, with excellent grip in the dry and wet compared to previous £30 tyres from when I got the car.

They’re also great with standing water :)

Extra info: due to sell the car in the new year.
205/40/R17

Pilot sport 4

Caporegime

Leaking schrader valve potentially, and you reseated the pin when you pumped it up.

Man of Honour
I have had a couple of times now where I get wheel spin from nowhere only once, last night, did that come with a low pressure warning. I can only explain it like hitting oil, very odd but it was fine today, nothing coming out, pressures stable and traction perfect. Might be correct on the valve point.

Soldato
Blackcircles have had a 15% discount offer running on PS4S for at least the latter half of this month. Rears were due so the set (225/30/19) fitted for £372 is about on par with what I've paid in recent years.

Mrs also needed new rubber all round, Halfords/TyresOnTheDrive mobile fitting matched Blackcircles and Costco (225/40/18) for PS4's at £85 a corner with a similar 15% discount offer.

Back
Top Bottom