What game did you play last?

Soldato
Did a dlc for Stuffed Fables which can be slipped in between chapters 3 & 4. There was a car chase, a dog that chewed toys and stuffing everywhere. Really enjoyed it.
Looking for more extras, I found that there is an expansion to the board game so will be grabbing that soon.

Man of Honour
After getting it for Christmas, finally got enough people around the table to play Colt Express.

It's great. The 3d train is a fantastic thing (especially after a small application of PVA to hold them together properly) and makes moving the meeples about fun. I added a playmat that I printed from BoardGameGeek and mounted on card adds a lot. Used the extra character, Mei, from the Marshal & Prisoners expansion too. She beings a different style of play.

Looking forward to getting a few more plays of it in soon.

Should be playing a larger group this week with the advanced cluedo like Awkward Guests. Love the artwork of this one. All sepia.

Man of Honour
Played a couple of games at the bar last night.

Cartographers for the first time. Excellent flip-n-write game. And a classic silly little game of Just One. Light evening really

Today, we had the arrival of an much anticipated Kickstarter. Roll Camera. Co-op game where you make a movie, so naturally the box is the clapperboard. :D Such a cool box.

ZoaawZU.jpg

They even got a custom insert made that holds everything so nicely. Everything is really high quality too. I've paid much more for other games with significantly worse production value. Hopefully it's a fun game.

63XQBmp.jpg
ajTr9lI.jpg

Soldato
World of Warcraft the board game
Had a good fun with the wife playing this last night, we are going to finish it off tonight as we didn't have enough time due to kids going to bed late. Really enjoyed this game and very surprised the wife did too. I am a WoW player and my wife has seen me play it so she had an idea on what sort of game it is.

Wow the board game by Christopher Sharples, on Flickr

Soldato
World of Warcraft the board game
Had a good fun with the wife playing this last night, we are going to finish it off tonight as we didn't have enough time due to kids going to bed late. Really enjoyed this game and very surprised the wife did too. I am a WoW player and my wife has seen me play it so she had an idea on what sort of game it is.

Wow the board game by Christopher Sharples, on Flickr

Looks very simular to RISK, i had a lord of the rings RISK game that looked incredibly simular to that

Associate
I love that game too, it's similar to the video game different classes, gear, skills etc. They only went up to the burning crusade I think in the expansions before it went out of print which is a shame. There was a solo version on board game geek I was meaning to check out, but it's probably way better with more player for the interactions. I haven't played the video game in years but I still really enjoy going back to the board game, would have been awesome with more expansions, but I'm sure on board game geek there was fan material like death knight classes etc. which I should probably check out too.

Soldato
Had some friends over last night (finally) and played -

Splendor (great warm up game)
Splendor Marvel Edition (a few extra winning conditions)
Tiny Epic Galaxies
Pandemic (we lost, needed one extra turn each :( )
King of Tokyo

Soldato
I love that game too, it's similar to the video game different classes, gear, skills etc. They only went up to the burning crusade I think in the expansions before it went out of print which is a shame. There was a solo version on board game geek I was meaning to check out, but it's probably way better with more player for the interactions. I haven't played the video game in years but I still really enjoy going back to the board game, would have been awesome with more expansions, but I'm sure on board game geek there was fan material like death knight classes etc. which I should probably check out too.

There's loads of fan created stuff for WoW The board game. I have been looking for the 2 expansions but I am not paying those prices. Yet. :p I have downloaded the Blue creature quest cards and item cards from the Shadow of War expansion, plus character cards too. I printed and laminated them all. It adds a bit more to the base game. Im trying to find the rest of the cards from Shadow of War to print off.

We played it again the other day, well over 3 nights anyway. We have about 1-2 hours free evening time so we get in a few turns each night. On both occasions, each game lasted 3h30min-4h which is pretty good considering we have played it twice and still look up a few rules. Now we both know how to play it and getting better at choosing new spells and equipment the next time will play quicker. Not by much but still knock of 15-30 mins.

Soldato
Finally got round to playing Zombicide: Invader.
We keep calling the aliens zombies as that's what we are used to.
If you go outside, you need oxygen.
Some characters can only search in security rooms.
If 'mold' spreads (via the abomination), it destroys anything in the room such as oxygen tanks and objectives. You can't search in a mold room. You can only turn mold inactive but it turns a room into corridor so helps line of sight internally.

Enjoying it but they're are quite a few changes to get used to.

Soldato
OP
Took the daughters to the board game café in Nottingham while away on a break recently, managed to play a few games and instantly picked up Cockroach poker and Dixit as they were both fantastic.

Ordered and have played Qwinto a few times too as a simple roll & write to carry around with me.

Also got Pandemic: Legacy for my partners birthday to play with her, playing two characters each, we just finished May and so far we are on a 5 win streak with 3 of the games going down to the final turn, absolutely fantastic experience so far, very stressful but also extremely satisfying and well done, didn't expect a lot of the changes in the game but I wont mention any of them as I would hate to spoil the game for anyone but if you enjoy pandemic and have someone to play with regularly I highly recommend it - although anyone who's looked at boardgamegeek has no doubt already seen how highly rated it is.

Soldato
Also got Pandemic: Legacy for my partners birthday to play with her, playing two characters each, we just finished May and so far we are on a 5 win streak with 3 of the games going down to the final turn, absolutely fantastic experience so far, very stressful but also extremely satisfying and well done, didn't expect a lot of the changes in the game but I wont mention any of them as I would hate to spoil the game for anyone but if you enjoy pandemic and have someone to play with regularly I highly recommend it - although anyone who's looked at boardgamegeek has no doubt already seen how highly rated it is.

We loved it too, the 2nd one is just as good.
Hoping they do a 3rd (they may have announced it already for all I know)

Soldato
Recently bought a copy of Secrets and played a few games last night - brilliant little card game kinda similar to Cockroach Poker, but taken to the next level - would highly recommend - and comes in a small box, which is nice, seeing as though every board game company seems to love finding the biggest boxes available.

Recently picked up Scythe which I am still to play and also New York Slice! mmmmm pizza! The box for New York slice is excellent though, I'll forgive the size as it looks just like a pizza box, opens in the same way, and never play it when you are hungry.

Back
Top Bottom