Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I honestly don't blame anyone that voted for the BNP anymore. Back then I used to cry and whine about how racist they were like any other non white person would.

It took me a while to wake up just how much this country has screwed itself over with too much immigration.

I would like to mention in that point that it was ridiculous to ever believe you could simply pay people to 'go back to where they came from'.

You need to have legal citizenship in whichever country in order to do this, and what a lot of the far right don't realize is that most of the non white people now in the UK only have legal rights to abode in the UK.

Yes I've actually successfully explained this to people on your 'natsee' forums that actually didn't know that, and once they did they actually admitted to not having known that and being wrong. Imagine simply explaining how such things actually work solve a lot of such arguments.

I only know about this because I genuinely looked up and researched 'going back to where (my ancestors) came from'. Even if I could, I wouldn't like all the jungle heat, bugs and snakes there thanks, I'd rather move to Canada if I could.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
What does this all have to do with being woke anyway?

I thought Solo was a rubbish film, felt like they were trying to hard to be woke, with that droid.

Associate
I guess its fine if you're unskilled and white with a British name though, your C.V wont be put right in the bin, and they wont indirectly turn you down post interview because they didn't like the look of your face.

Soldato
Did I, where did I say that?

You quoted this

Yes exactly, all jobs are so oversaturated that you now need 2x2 year references for an basic janitor / cafe / I.T jobs.

There are too many applicants and not enough jobs.

Employers post a jobs that specifies 'no experience required', then get hit with thousands of applicants for just two job positions.

People with degrees cannot even compete, everyone over 25 or even less applying to stack shelves at Tesco already has a degree.

With

And it will only get worse as things become more automated and don't need as many unskilled employees. This is why immigration controls were needed with Brexit coming about.

So youre suggesting people cant get even the most basic of jobs yet we have crops being wasted...

The job centres in places where there is farming work will no doubt be trying to persuade some unskilled folk on UC to take up such positions even if for 16 hours a week or less so they can still claim UC.

Ahh so its UC thats the issue and not "foreigners stealing our jobs".

Which is it?

Associate
The job centres in places where there is farming work will no doubt be trying to persuade some unskilled folk on UC to take up such positions even if for 16 hours a week or less so they can still claim UC.

On this note you know the last time I tried asking the DWP for help with finding work, all they did was try to stop my ESA because 'PEOPLE IN THE SUPPORT GROUP DON'T COME IN HERE ASKING FOR PERMITTED WORK*'.

*Actually people in the support group can do under 16 hours indefinitely without affecting their entitlement to benefits, but never mind that, the DWP still tried to sanction me.

So I simply made an angry phonecall to them and got myself permabanned from all jobcentres and health assessments meaning my ESA can no longer be reassessed or stopped.

Soldato
OP
You quoted this

With

So youre suggesting people cant get even the most basic of jobs yet we have crops being wasted...

Ahh so its UC thats the issue and not "foreigners stealing our jobs".

Which is it?

It's probably a mix of things ranging from people not applying for certain jobs, probably less so EU workers taking them now since Brexit. We're still working our way out of a pandemic just like the rest of the world it's going to take time for the job market to rebalance.

Associate
Do show me where farming jobs are advertised?

The people that own the farms purposefully wont recruit Brits because the minimum wage is too high, they recruit foreign workers because they aren't entitled to minimum wage.

The more you know, the less you can stop blaming job seekers.

Like the fish and chip shop likely didn't hire me because the 16 year old girls they exclusively hire can be paid a lot less and look nicer.

Soldato
OP
Do show me where farming jobs are advertised?

The people that own the farms purposefully wont recruit Brits because the minimum wage is too high, they recruit foreign workers because they aren't entitled to minimum wage.

The more you know, the less you can stop blaming job seekers.

Like the fish and chip shop likely didn't hire me because the 16 year old girls they exclusively hire can be paid a lot less and look nicer.

But you're comparing things to before Brexit. Now if farmers can't use cheap EU migrants then they'll have to advertise for workers, maybe not in the papers, they may contact the job centre about what they have. Farmers may also advertise them through temping agencies but that is more costly for them.

Associate
But you're comparing things to before Brexit. Now if farmers can't use cheap EU migrants then they'll have to advertise for workers, maybe not in the papers, they may contact the job centre about what they have. Farmers may also advertise them through temping agencies but that is more costly for them.

Well if I can't find a job advert on indeed or total jobs, how do I apply?

Soldato
OP
On this note you know the last time I tried asking the DWP for help with finding work, all they did was try to stop my ESA because 'PEOPLE IN THE SUPPORT GROUP DON'T COME IN HERE ASKING FOR PERMITTED WORK*'.

*Actually people in the support group can do under 16 hours indefinitely without affecting their entitlement to benefits, but never mind that, the DWP still tried to sanction me.

So I simply made an angry phonecall to them and got myself permabanned from all jobcentres and health assessments meaning my ESA can no longer be reassessed or stopped.

It depends what you ask the job centre, you can't do a heavy manual job if you're on a disability allowance. You should be able to do something within your abilities though, usually call centre type work for people who can speak English reasonably well and have a pleasant customer service type manner.

Soldato
OP
Well if I can't find a job advert on indeed or total jobs, how do I apply?

You need to find where the farm jobs are being advertised first. Usually job centres will have job fair events every so often where they've been in contact with various local employers to do a recruitment drive. If there are farm jobs in the area you are in then I'd expect the job centre or farmers to have gotten in touch with each other for one of these job fair events.

I wouldn't expect farm work is compatible with someone claiming ESA though.

Associate
It depends what you ask the job centre, you can't do a heavy manual job if you're on a disability allowance. You should be able to do something within your abilities though, usually call centre type work for people who can speak English reasonably well and have a pleasant customer service type manner.

That is exactly what I did and they sanctioned me just for asking.

Am banned now and never would have gone back after that anyway.

I already got my last job through them while in the Support Group and it was never a problem, different city and jobcentre though might be why.

They only hire idiots whose primary goal is to stop all benefits no matter what the actual legal rights are.

I wouldn't expect farm work is compatible with someone claiming ESA though.

It would be ok for just 4 hours a week if they let me try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom