Wren kitchens?

Associate
Hello, I have moved into a house with two Wren kitchens fitted around 9 years ago. One has solid wood door and drawer fronts and is in nice condition. The other has MDF doors with a white vinyl wrap. Looks nice from a distance but you can see that the wrap has detached completely from the MDF. I contacted Wren to ask for advice since they claim their kitchens are guaranteed for 25 years, so this sort of things should not happen. Basically that told me I was not covered as the warranty cant be transferred, and said the remedy was for me to buy new doors. So, my question to all you kitchen people out there, is there any way of sticking the vinyl back down to the MDF? Can i inject glue perhaps?

Soldato
Hello, I have moved into a house with two Wren kitchens fitted around 9 years ago. One has solid wood door and drawer fronts and is in nice condition. The other has MDF doors with a white vinyl wrap. Looks nice from a distance but you can see that the wrap has detached completely from the MDF. I contacted Wren to ask for advice since they claim their kitchens are guaranteed for 25 years, so this sort of things should not happen. Basically that told me I was not covered as the warranty cant be transferred, and said the remedy was for me to buy new doors. So, my question to all you kitchen people out there, is there any way of sticking the vinyl back down to the MDF? Can i inject glue perhaps?
You could try a bit of PVA glue. But a couple of new doors aren't going to cost that much and would look a lot better.

Soldato
Like several others - we had a kitchen from Wren - the quality of units etc. was superb but we didn't use their fitters, buy their worktops or sink & tap combo as we wanted something specific. We used a local joiner who did a fantastic job of installing the kitchen at 1/4 of the cost that Wren wanted. I agree the discounts and fake upfront cost was annoying but in the end we got the price we wanted.

Howdens on the other hand I found a complete nightmare! We went to our nearest local branch who put us in touch with a fitter and they gave us a price almost £2500 more than Wrens with their own brand appliances vs the Neff appliances of Wren. Our kitchen fitter who installed our Wren kitchen also had an account with Howdens a bit further away so we tried them as well and they quoted £1000 more despite knowing full well what our Wren quote was and then said they could match it if we waited 2 months for their end of year sale :rolleyes: We probably spent 5x more time with Howdens compared to Wren (as we'd also heard the horror stories) but found the whole process frustrating with both Howden's branches trying to play each other off. Had enough in the end and went for the Wren - service from start to finish was great.

Associate
Wren are a nightmare! A relative used them several years ago and had nothing but problems with them they apparently promised to cover most of the work involved, then decided they couldn't and offered her a measly £250 back to cover the cost of getting other trades in to do the work. Promised to come and start on day X, didn't show and messed her around with dates. Various issues with the poor kitchen design which meant things didn't fit and to top it off when she left them a Review online they had it Deleted, which should ring alarm bells. When I was enquiring about kitchens I tried Wren as I was curious to what price they would come up with and I was quoted some vastly inflated price just for the cabinets and worktops. I wasn't interested in fitting as I can do it myself. Kitchens did seem decent quality though.

Back
Top Bottom