Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
How much per sq meter does that work out as? (I need mine done)

We paid £85/sqm for the surface. There was about £2k of groundworks on top of that.

If you're considering a resin bound surface then do your research. Some installers use resin that isn't UV stable so leave a plant pot on your patio for some time and when you move it you'll see a patch of different colour where the pot was.

This shows how water doesn't sit on the surface.

Soldato
65m2 is still an expanse and although permeable (if the correct sub base and sub strata conditions) under heavy rainfall you will still get run off

We've also got a resin bound driveway. It slopes down towards the house and in the biblicly heavy rain a few weeks ago I could stand outside the front door on the driveway and my feet stayed dry. No run off.

Soldato
Ignore the haters, tbh I like it and have been considering replacing the slabs on the back of my house with the same.although is a much smaller chunk probably only 16m²

I'm not precious so don't expect everyone to like it. The world would be very boring if we all liked teh same things.

It isn't for everyone but we really like it hence why our driveway and patio are the same material (though different colours).

Soldato
We've also got a resin bound driveway. It slopes down towards the house and in the biblicly heavy rain a few weeks ago I could stand outside the front door on the driveway and my feet stayed dry. No run off.

So it has the correct sub base and strata then ;)

I'm not a hater just saying it needs to be laid correctly with the correct prep. We are considering for some of our back garden to replace some old paving. Nowhere near 65m2.

My experience of where this has been laid is very hit and miss buy generally where there are large expanses you still get run off. This is why any expansion joints usually incorporate drainage channels

Soldato
I like it, but I thought at a glance it is set like tarmac. If it allows water to go directly through AND gradient to run off away from the house then it's great.

Questions on durability or how weeds might find it's way into the tny holes and start growing is another matter but I like it.

I've seen surfaces that are 8 years old and they look absolutely fine. They do need a clean with a power wash every so often. Our driveway was installed in October 2019 and it needs a clean but that's mostly down to the mess that the fencers made when the fences were replaced. Now that the patio has been down I'll power wash the driveway this weekend and it'll look as good as new.

As for weeds, some people will say that weeds can't grow but that's not true. Birds can drop seeds on the surface and the weeds can start to grow but a quick squirt of weedkiller and they're gone. We've had 1 weed start to grow in our driveway. Compared to the house opposite with their block paving that's pretty much the same age and it's a night and day difference. Their drive looks a complete mess with weeds growing in teh gaps between the blocks.

Soldato
So it has the correct sub base and strata then ;)

I'm not a hater just saying it needs to be laid correctly with the correct prep. We are considering for some of our back garden to replace some old paving. Nowhere near 65m2.

My experience of where this has been laid is very hit and miss buy generally where there are large expanses you still get run off. This is why any expansion joints usually incorporate drainage channels

Yeah, definitely do your research on the installer if you're considering this sort of surface. There's a company near here that does a real bodge job, I've seen some of their work and it's awful - resin surface laid directly onto the clay soil with no sub base. Different installers use different stone too, ours only uses natural stone that hasn't been artificially coloured and only use UV stable resin so there's no chance of it discolouring.

Associate
Went to buy a Golf R, with having a young family I was put off by the horror stories i hear of House/Car jackings. So I bought something nobody would want to steal..

TK1BRWj.jpg

Soldato
I'm not precious so don't expect everyone to like it. The world would be very boring if we all liked teh same things.

It isn't for everyone but we really like it hence why our driveway and patio are the same material (though different colours).

It looks great and when you have some plant pots, table chairs e.g on it, it will look lovely.

Soldato
I like it, but I thought at a glance it is set like tarmac. If it allows water to go directly through AND gradient to run off away from the house then it's great.

Questions on durability or how weeds might find it's way into the tny holes and start growing is another matter but I like it.

My brother got his done years ago, no issue with weeds, not yet anyway :D

Drains away fine as well as a slight gradient away from the house.

I like it as well.

Associate
Looking forward to a review ASAP!!!

Used it last night for the first time. We made 2 pizzas, a sizzler plate of sliced Halloumi and a plate of peppers, onion and tomatoes that we needed to use up. All was incredible, pizza could have gone a little better as it stuck to the peel a bit when I launched it, but we were using up some frozen dough that we had, should be better next time when we make it fresh.

By far the best pizza we've made at home and just as good as you get paying for it too, even if it fell apart a little.

Had mine since it was released I love it. But you will wish you had went for the 16 before long even if not making larger pizzas the extra room just feels easier to work in. i have a Gozney Dome on order so going to be a nice upgrade.

It is a little tight but it worked OK for us, I wanted to use the square peel to start off with to see how I get on with it but now I just ordered a smaller turning peel. Will make it easier to turn the pizza without removing it. Probably going to buy the Ooni Grizzler plate too as we enjoyed toasting the veg after we turned the oven off, that'll go into a pasta sauce later today.

They're bloody amazing. We got one a few weeks ago and it's so incredibly easy (and fast). With the right dough (which is also super easy to make) it's proper restaurant quality.

Basher/Dave85, are you using gas and if so, what are you paying for your bottle and refill? Prices online are very unclear and confusing. We used our camping butane last night but want to get propane instead, I've seen a couple of empty bottles locally on FB marketplace for a tenner, so I might go grab one of them but I'm not sure if refills are the same price everywhere or if they vary.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Known for its amazing aroma, knocks your head off, Mister Lincoln rose, bought from a shoot but finally worth a picture.
Put in my living room garden so I get a wiff

IMG-20210719-055444.jpg

Back
Top Bottom