• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 stock recovering?

Soldato
Seems 3080 have plateaued £1200-£1400 from retailers , just need to keep stock coming if for some reason it slows down can't see it dropping fast enough

Associate
I am just going to patient. I refuse to buy at more than MRSP. If that means I go into the 4xxx series...so be it. I refuse to feed into the despicable actions of individuals and companies that have inflated these cards to ridiculous levels.

Soldato
I am just going to patient. I refuse to buy at more than MRSP. If that means I go into the 4xxx series...so be it. I refuse to feed into the despicable actions of individuals and companies that have inflated these cards to ridiculous levels.

Your opinion is bang on with mine, I refuse to pay a penny over msrp so will be patient and if that means I miss this generation then so be it.

Soldato
Watching the market at the moment, as i have a 6700xt at the moment in no rush to buy anything over msrp

thats a good card, at least you have the latest gen.

what really sucks when you waited 6 years to upgrade and you find the market has gone insane

Permabanned
My guess here is that the 3080 makes the least margins for NVIDIA so they are going to want to send the chips elsewhere.

Soldato
For those that are saying your not paying over MSRP, I hope you dont mind waiting a long time.

It's been 7+ months now, and we have gone from not being able to buy a GPU for love nor money, to just about be able to buy "some" models at extortionate prices.

There are many, many steps before we get to available at MSRP.

You talk about wait till 4xxx series, what do you think will change? That Nvidia will magic graphics cards out of their asses?

Covid, western economies, shortages of everything and all the political ********, not to mention data mining. I think the days are just logging on to your preferred online retailer to see which GPU you can get the best deal on are gone, or a long way away.

Associate
For those that are saying your not paying over MSRP, I hope you dont mind waiting a long time.

I'm one of those waiting, but fully acknowledge that it is going to be a long wait.

My guess is that the 3 series will never get back to MSRP and the 4 series will launch with limited stock and prices will shoot up. The reason IMHO is that there are lots of other people waiting, and so the prices will gradually fall but are always going to be pushed away from the "minimum viable" MSRP price by those waiting for a price "that's only £50 over MSRP", etc.

Component shortages are said to be easing, although even as an insider of the electronics industry, it is unclear how anyone can tell that's the case. This will absolutely have an impact on availability, where it is not just the GPU dies that are causing supply shortfall and price hikes.

Associate

It's been 7+ months now, and we have gone from not being able to buy a GPU for love nor money, to just about be able to buy "some" models at extortionate prices.

There are many, many steps before we get to available at MSRP.

You talk about wait till 4xxx series, what do you think will change? That Nvidia will magic graphics cards out of their asses?

Covid, western economies, shortages of everything and all the political ********, not to mention data mining. I think the days are just logging on to your preferred online retailer to see which GPU you can get the best deal on are gone, or a long way away.

Well i number of things could change with lock down easing, price people will pay due to having other things money can be spent on, and also supply improving due to lower demand from mining etc

Associate
Your opinion is bang on with mine, I refuse to pay a penny over msrp so will be patient and if that means I miss this generation then so be it.
What makes you think next gen will be any different?
Or that next gens 'MSRP' wont just be significantly higher in the first place.

Time is money ultimately. If you can afford to wait and stretch out your current HW another gen, then go for it. Thats almost always the prudent thing to do anyway.
But if you are not able to enjoy or play the games you want today... not such an easy choice.

Associate
Sadly I believe that anyone who is waiting for the 3080 to return to MSRP will be disappointed.

Even if supply improves then I don’t believe that there will be a single U.K. retailer who will be able to sell a 3080 at MSRP without loosing money once their own costs have been taken in to account.

Soldato
Sadly I believe that anyone who is waiting for the 3080 to return to MSRP will be disappointed.

Even if supply improves then I don’t believe that there will be a single U.K. retailer who will be able to sell a 3080 at MSRP without loosing money once their own costs have been taken in to account.
Anybody still a 3080 pre order queue is going to be disappointed once they go EOL once the Super edition lands

Permabanned

I reckon, 4 xxx series if that's what it would be called, will be heavily overpriced / underperforming cards if they are slightly overpriced

Associate
Well today I have seen a 3080 for £999 and a 3070 Ti for £660, both were obviously gone in minutes but these were on big UK online retailers.

Hang on and keep your eyes peeled if you are in the market.

I managed to get a 3080 FE last week but am now addicted to price watching. :D

Back
Top Bottom