Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Went to buy a Golf R, with having a young family I was put off by the horror stories i hear of House/Car jackings. So I bought something nobody would want to steal..

TK1BRWj.jpg
been driving a VRS estate TDi for almost 3 years now. been faultless tbh. and not a bad handler for its size, think its technically a golf chassis which is normally pretty good?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
A fine choice. I'd still be using a pair if the battery in the right one hadn't packed up.
How long did they last? That's a bit concerning!

Honestly, these won't get much use as I drive to work and thanks to Covid travelling is a thing of the past :(
But I'd be annoyed if they broke after a year or two!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Do like that, you did install some hidden compartments or leave a dummy skeleton behind some panelling right? That would be my primary mission objective, the long con for the next owner of the house to discover :D

Man of Honour
(posted in the 'man jobs' thread as well)

Bought two lots of shelving for the garage, unsurprisingly Hermes have managed to lose one of them although I've just been notified they are bringing it later on today. I have the afternoon off so put up the first lot turning this:

IMG-3805.jpg

Into this:

IMG-3814.jpg

Once the other one is up there should be a lot more room for the Civic. I'm unsure if I should bother bolting them to the wall, the BMW OEM diff is in the blue box at the bottom and is far from light.

Frustrating that it's so hot outside although the garage with both doors open did offer some respite from the sun and there was a nice draft. I'm still drenched though!

Associate
Because they match the rest of the decor (coving, colour scheme etc), rather than a row of kitchen units dumped in a straight line in an otherwise modern looking room?

Im getting similar units soon in a bare and empty room and everyone calls it kitchen units. Nothing looks modern or such, its a fully empty room with just blinds, carpet and plain white walls.

Everyone argued that shaker units are for kitchens only, not lounges. Hypocrisy.

Because they're (rightly) positioned where it's natural to have them: an alcove. And he made them. And they look good. :p

Hypocrite.

Associate
been driving a VRS estate TDi for almost 3 years now. been faultless tbh. and not a bad handler for its size, think its technically a golf chassis which is normally pretty good?

Yeah you're right, its basically a long wheelbase golf. Mine has a LSD so it really does well in the corners.

Soldato
How come theres no comments of 'Kitchen units in the lounge' like everyone loves to give me? This place is so inconsistent.

As mentioned above, generally because there's 2 of them either side which is quite common for alcove units, they look fitted to the surroundings. Not a row of 6 units along a wall which is typically a look you would see in a kitchen/utility room.

Man of Honour
How come theres no comments of 'Kitchen units in the lounge' like everyone loves to give me? This place is so inconsistent.
OK, if it makes you feel better I'll pick on a couple of points...

@Mason- Not sure my OCD can deal with the poor edging of the blue paintwork. Also why didn't you take the opportunity to embed the radiator pipe into the wall during renovations, or at least paint the copper half white. You monster!

(Love it Mason)

Soldato
OK, if it makes you feel better I'll pick on a couple of points...

@Mason- Not sure my OCD can deal with the poor edging of the blue paintwork. Also why didn't you take the opportunity to embed the radiator pipe into the wall during renovations, or at least paint the copper half white. You monster!

(Love it Mason)
It looks better in person but you're right I could have cut in around the caulk line better. A sofa will be going along that wall, I could have done it, but didn't see the point it was always gonna be where the sofa is going. I am going to slap some hammerite on them though (white). We buried a radiator pipe in the hallway too... what a ball ache that was, so much bloody dust angle grinding the concrete floor up.

Back
Top Bottom