Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Basher/Dave85, are you using gas and if so, what are you paying for your bottle and refill? Prices online are very unclear and confusing. We used our camping butane last night but want to get propane instead, I've seen a couple of empty bottles locally on FB marketplace for a tenner, so I might go grab one of them but I'm not sure if refills are the same price everywhere or if they vary.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, It's the patio Gas bottles I use and the small one 5kg lasts for about 15 to 20 hours of use so quite a while. I paid £20 for a refill. I have not tried butane as I read something about it not working the same. If you can find a used tank for £10 quid its a bargain as the deposit on a new one even if you find stock is like 45 quid.

Soldato
Used it last night for the first time. We made 2 pizzas, a sizzler plate of sliced Halloumi and a plate of peppers, onion and tomatoes that we needed to use up. All was incredible, pizza could have gone a little better as it stuck to the peel a bit when I launched it, but we were using up some frozen dough that we had, should be better next time when we make it fresh.

By far the best pizza we've made at home and just as good as you get paying for it too, even if it fell apart a little.

It is a little tight but it worked OK for us, I wanted to use the square peel to start off with to see how I get on with it but now I just ordered a smaller turning peel. Will make it easier to turn the pizza without removing it. Probably going to buy the Ooni Grizzler plate too as we enjoyed toasting the veg after we turned the oven off, that'll go into a pasta sauce later today.

Basher/Dave85, are you using gas and if so, what are you paying for your bottle and refill? Prices online are very unclear and confusing. We used our camping butane last night but want to get propane instead, I've seen a couple of empty bottles locally on FB marketplace for a tenner, so I might go grab one of them but I'm not sure if refills are the same price everywhere or if they vary.

Thanks in advance.
I use Patio Gas - a 13KG bottle. I got it filled/swapped at the weekend and it was £44. Lasts friggin ages.

Soldato
great work. Any more pics of the units being made¿ you do the rest also¿
I took the room apart, removed the old brick fire place. Plastering, fire place and flooring had people in to do. Installing the coving, picture rail and making the cupboards I did myself. Also all the decorating (wouldn’t be pleased if I paid someone for the **** job I do of cutting in :) )

Can upload some pics of the various states of completeness of the cupboards. It’s all 18mm mdf + furniture board. Panels of the doors and back panels of the cupboard are 6mm mdf.

Last edited:
Soldato
great work. Any more pics of the units being made¿ you do the rest also¿

I took the room apart, removed the old brick fire place. Plastering, fire place and flooring had people in to do. Coving, picture rail and cupboards I did myself. Also all the decorating (wouldn’t be pleased if I paid someone for the **** job I do of cutting in :) )

Can upload some pics of the various states of completeness of the cupboards. It’s all 18mm mdf + furniture board. Panels of the doors and back panels of the cupboard are 6mm mdf.

This was the start.
Furniture board carcass, MDF wood box, normal kitchen cabinet feet. Routed a 6.5mm slot in the carcass to insert a 6mm mdf back panels.
UpacPqC.jpg

Shelves, and a centre beam for the doors to close on to, and kick plate (I had to put another one on top, I messed up a bit here). I was originally going to have magnets to hold the doors shut, but the hinges I bought have soft close and keep the doors in the closed position so didn't need it really.
txATaUw.jpg

Loose tenon shaker doors. 18mm rails + stiles. 6mm mdf panel.

bIeaBtB.jpg

Fitted to the cabinet:
ixTJeH5.jpg

Side fillets + scribed top shelf, also second kick plate (from the **** up earlier) to get the doors flush to.
TyqXWbG.jpg

This is the profile I routed on to the top shelf. This is the only thing I wish I did differently. I think a 'chunkier' top would have looked better, but I only have a router with a 1/4 inch chuck. You need 1/2 inch routers really and a router bench to do chunkier stuff. I still think the end result looks good, but it's quite easy to not notice the profile. As you can tell from my choice of decor in the house, I love a good profile, so I know it's there and that's all that matters :D
gqd0eSU.jpg
Added 18mm quadrant beading to the opening of the wood box. Also can see the profile in this shot. The top sits better than in this photo now, one of the nails I put through the beading before the glue went off stuck through the top and was holding the top shelf up.
UJdCfdH.jpg

And that's it really, fitted the skirting. What seemed like weeks and weeks of painting sanding and filling and that's it.

Some other things: jigsawed out the back panels of the cabinets for power sockets + internet stuff, added cable tidies on top.

Associate
You made the skirting boards and coving yourself too, wow!

I would die from trying to hammer a single nail. Well trying to put together my dining table and ottoman window seat both almost destroyed me.

You don't get matching coving or skirting with paid for fitted units, at least not without paying for one of the 5 figure companies.

Soldato
You made the skirting boards and coving yourself too, wow!

I would die from trying to hammer a single nail. Well trying to put together my dining table and ottoman window seat both almost destroyed me.
I didn’t make them I fitted them :) edited my post now I can see why it may seem like that’s what I meant.

Soldato
Is your username actually your profession or a coincidence?
Nothing of the sort. Work for a semi conductor company doing electronic engineering. Just been brought up in a working class family where my Dad can DIY anything. Always admired him for that. My brother went down a practical career path, I was always the “computer nerd” so wanted to prove them wrong and show I can do it too if I put my mind to it :).

Soldato
Nothing of the sort. Work for a semi conductor company doing electronic engineering. Just been brought up in a working class family where my Dad can DIY anything. Always admired him for that. My brother went down a practical career path, I was always the “computer nerd” so wanted to prove them wrong and show I can do it too if I put my mind to it :).
You knocked it out of the park! As a nerd who did carpentry at college/early career and electronic engineering after, I'm very impressed. Thanks for sharing the progress photos, it's really inspiring work :)

Soldato
I took the room apart, removed the old brick fire place. Plastering, fire place and flooring had people in to do. Installing the coving, picture rail and making the cupboards I did myself. Also all the decorating (wouldn’t be pleased if I paid someone for the **** job I do of cutting in :) )

Looks good thanks for taking the effort to post. Where did you get the kitchen units from? And is the floor amtico/karndean?

What router you use? The makita lxt one? I've always fancied one but never had a good enough excuse to buy one :cry:

Soldato
Looks good thanks for taking the effort to post. Where did you get the kitchen units from? And is the floor amtico/karndean?

What router you use? The makita lxt one? I've always fancied one but never had a good enough excuse to buy one :cry:
What kitchen units? If you mean the carcasses of the cupboards I built them out of this stuff https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-White-Furniture-Panel-2400mm/p/9000036501

The floor is amtico.
This is the router I use: https://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-rt0700cx4-2-710w-electric-router-trimmer-240v/10140

Back
Top Bottom