• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Anyone else feel like lambo doors would fit this car well? Their are a few companies which offer retrofitting of lambo doors to various cars, hopefully a kit becomes available shortly after release.

Also does anyone know when the cars will be in show rooms for test drives and viewings?

Associate
Yeah, I guess we'll just have to wait this one out. Nobody knows which AMG engine they've gone with yet. M133?

I would have expected the M139, but what's puzzling is why they would have de-tuned it down to 360bhp, which is funnily enough the power output of the original M133. Perhaps they don't want to spank the v6 so they de-tuned.
Weight wise the M133 is around 15kg lighter than the M139, so not much in it.

M133 will map to 440bhp with an intake, sports cat and ecu map.
M139 will map to 500bhp with an ecu map only, tuning is still in development and their are still some niggles with tuning the "CPC" from what I have seen.

Hopefully it gets the M139, because that should be good for circa 520bhp ish once the platform has developed, and sports cats etc are available.

520bhp in a car this size is about right imo.

Soldato
I would have expected the M139, but what's puzzling is why they would have de-tuned it down to 360bhp, which is funnily enough the power output of the original M133. Perhaps they don't want to spank the v6 so they de-tuned.

M139 will map to 500bhp with an ecu map only, tuning is still in development and their are still some niggles with tuning the "CPC" from what I have seen.

Hopefully it gets the M139, because that should be good for circa 520bhp ish once the platform has developed, and sports cats etc are available.

Gavin Kershaw has confirmed the M139

Soldato
They will up the power of them once they stop making the Exige and Elise I bet.

If it's like the current models that just means a bigger supercharger and a map.

Soldato
Anyone else feel like lambo doors would fit this car well? Their are a few companies which offer retrofitting of lambo doors to various cars, hopefully a kit becomes available shortly after release.

Also does anyone know when the cars will be in show rooms for test drives and viewings?

Going by what has been reported on a few Lotus sites I follow, the first 4 years of production for the Emira is already sold out. If you haven't got a deposit down already you've got a long wait inront of you.

Soldato
Going by what has been reported on a few Lotus sites I follow, the first 4 years of production for the Emira is already sold out. If you haven't got a deposit down already you've got a long wait inront of you.

Ahaha, I wouldn’t believe that for a second; a high % will be speculative with no intention to commit to an order.

Associate
Was talking to a guy that manages a Lotus dealership at the weekend - this was their best time ever in terms of taking deposits. Big success from his point of view.

Soldato
Yup, been there 22 years so been through a few boom and bust cycles and this is the most positive I’ve ever known things

As well as being at the launch I was also asked to spend a couple of days at Goodwood to support the stuff going on there so I was able to see the amount of goodwill for the brand first hand

That's awesome, it may have been the large G&T I was drinking when I watched the program last night but I got quite emotional seeing the transformation going on. Lotus cars have been a big part of my life and it's amazing to see a positive future.

I think it was the Carfection review that mentioned cooling as a challenge for the A45s (not that it overheated, just that they'd had to design it with a lot of cooling in mind) and mid-engined cars are more difficult to cool so could just be that they are erring on the side of caution for a global car that will for example need to run in 45c heat of Dubai. I suspect also a degree of wanting to differentiate the V6 with extra power and a manual for a higher margin car.

OcUK Staff
Checked my credit card this morning and lotus havent taken out the £2000

Just done the same, money also not taken, not heard from the bank, so spoken to my dealer who have informed me that my slot in the queue is secure and unchanged, but are going to contact Lotus on my behalf, as such I'd suggest you call your dealer also, it might be an issue.

I suspect it might be my bank as said credit card has seen zero use for months and then all of a sudden I plonk 2k on it, might of got flagged but they do normally text or call me and have not done so.

Soldato
Just done the same, money also not taken, not heard from the bank, so spoken to my dealer who have informed me that my slot in the queue is secure and unchanged, but are going to contact Lotus on my behalf, as such I'd suggest you call your dealer also, it might be an issue.

I suspect it might be my bank as said credit card has seen zero use for months and then all of a sudden I plonk 2k on it, might of got flagged but they do normally text or call me and have not done so.

Funnily enough I have sorted this out today.

Phoned Lotus (lovely lady) who checked, and whilst my order was on the system, when she checked with accounts the order had been declined. Had to phone Halifax whilst ordering again to ensure it went through. Lotus are now merging the two together so I keep my place. I'm told I'm one of the early ones, almost certainly guaranteed to get a car in the first batch.

She said a lot of customers were having this issue (Lloyds being the worst).

Soldato
I wouldn't count on the 480 model being the V6. It takes a lot of effort to get 480 from that unit (see anyone trying to get more from the 430 Cup) and it barely passes emissions as it is. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper and easier to get that power from the M139 and with the DCT they can promote it in a completely different category of performance, it should be GT3RS fast near enough.

Soldato
There are after markets options for the v6 at about 460hp and also there is a company that can fit a dct on the v6 in Europe.

Its great to have loads of power but are you really going to need that extra HP and is it worth the cost? If you want a car that's outright fast and has loads of power surely a lotus is the wrong place to look.

Now if they had out the amg v8 in then that would be a different story. I was hoping they might turn the engine the right way round and have the v6 manual as the light and slow and a twin turbo dct v8 as the faster model a bit like the f type.

Soldato
There are after markets options for the v6 at about 460hp and also there is a company that can fit a dct on the v6 in Europe.

Its great to have loads of power but are you really going to need that extra HP and is it worth the cost? If you want a car that's outright fast and has loads of power surely a lotus is the wrong place to look.

Now if they had out the amg v8 in then that would be a different story. I was hoping they might turn the engine the right way round and have the v6 manual as the light and slow and a twin turbo dct v8 as the faster model a bit like the f type.

A light/compact car with a V8 is never going to happen now with the Euro 7 crap :(

Not unless you make it yourself anyway.

Back
Top Bottom