People and beaches

Soldato
Unless you are holidaying nearby, never understood this thing with certain people thinking they have to go to seaside when it’s warm weather.

Struggling to find a car park spot
Queuing everywhere from toilets, food etc
Not relaxing

Didn’t like the concept before the Covid pandemic either.

Don’t complain about beaches etc being busy when it’s hot

Soldato
Unless you are holidaying nearby, never understood this thing with certain people thinking they have to go to seaside when it’s warm weather.

Not relaxing

Is this a rant or a question?

It's hardly surprising that people flock to beaches when the suns out, after all that's what the majority of people travel to the likes of Spain to do.

Soldato
I go on holiday to get away from people so these pictures beaches in the UK and abroad are like my worst nightmare. Luckily the beaches around here are mostly shingle and it keeps away the masses.

Soldato
The only time I’ve enjoyed a day at the beach as an adult was when we had free use of a beach hut at Southwold. Lovely spring day with very few people around, so could just sit in a proper chair with a cup of tea watching the waves.

I could sit staring at any river, lake or sea all day long and not tire of it. Nowadays, being forced to sit near other humans would put me right off going there. Nothing to do with COVID-19, I just can’t stand being jammed in somewhere with a load of other people.

Capodecina
Soldato

Not relaxing

I think it's because a lot of people literally can't think of anything else to do when the weather gets hot apart from a] go to the beach and/or b] get drunk at the pub or c] both. It's that simple.

I personally detest most beaches - the crowding, the noise and litter. It's horrific.

I hate sand...

Me too. And pebble beaches. When I discovered grassy beaches I was a convert though - especially in beach clubs. The entry fees tend to price out all the proles.

Associate
I'm not really one for flocking to anywhere that everyone else is likely to flock to, but if that's what you're into (as a lot of people are) then I guess a beach on a hot day is as suitable a moment as any.

I love living near the sea.

Same, a 5 minute walk down the road on a nice hot day. Walk along the beach, feet in the nice cool water.

I'm going to go a bit OT here (let's be honest the OP isn't a great discussion point anyway :p) - any issues with cars rusting prematurely? I'd like to live near the sea in future but I'm worried that it's not suitable for a petrolhead.

Capodecina
Soldato
Don't people go to the beach in order to go in the sea/play/cool off? Unless you've got an outdoor swimming pool at home or a river/lake next to you, where else can you go to get in the water?

The bathroom.

I live next to a dock and at this time of year we get a lot of morons throwing themselves in. Often drunk. Sometimes they die.

Caporegime
Don't people go to the beach in order to go in the sea/play/cool off? Unless you've got an outdoor swimming pool at home or a river/lake next to you, where else can you go to get in the water?

People just love to moan, how dare people go to the beach when it's warm. Coming round my parts from far away - how inconsiderate.

Soldato
I think it's because a lot of people literally can't think of anything else to do when the weather gets hot apart from a] go to the beach and/or b] get drunk at the pub or c] both. It's that simple.
What else is there to do? People don’t want to be walking around shops or sat at home when it’s reaching 30’c.

Back
Top Bottom