NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Here i was hoping for an official top hat accessory/mod.

Colours are vibrant.

Max is basically a take on a H1 where the AIO (280mm!) and PSU (not confirmed) come with the case, it moves the motherboard tray down and eliminates horizontal mounting of the GPU to accommodate vertical GPU and top mounted AIO. Also loses support for DTX cases.

Soldato
The Max doesn't look that appealing really. I was thinking they'd made it a little taller to fit the radiator, but forcing it into vertical GPU only takes away a lot of the appeal of the case imo. A top hat would have been better in my opinion!

I still keep considering trying a DIY top hat so a top radiator can be done easily, need to spend some time 3d modelling it and see what I can come up with as I've not really liked any of the solutions I've seen others do so far. I've seen a few 3d printed spacers to lift the stock top panel up but it looks a little flimmsy. Kinda thinking a CNC cut top panel that adds maybe 20mm or so of height in total, perhaps with a corresponding new front panel that matches in finish, perhaps doing both with wood for the contrasting looks. Whether I ever get around to it is another question though!

Soldato
OP
I quite like the Max. Shame it's only being sold as a bundle.

What I'd really like to see is a modular rear panel (ala O11 Mini). It would add a fantastic amount of flexibility to this case. Top mounted AIO + <2.5 slot GPU, side mounted AIO or tower cooler & <3.5 slot GPU, and up to three rads in a custom loop.

Associate
hello guys I have decided to buy this case for my new build totally forgot about this case What aio do you suggest for cooling my 5800x I will be using a gigabyte 3080ti gaming oc as gpu and from your expereince guys how are temps when gaming are they good compared to a atx case ? this will be for work and gaming I like the idea of a small case for my small desk and advice would be appreciated thank you.
P.S im getting the nr200 without the glass cover

Associate
hello guys I have decided to buy this case for my new build totally forgot about this case What aio do you suggest for cooling my 5800x I will be using a gigabyte 3080ti gaming oc as gpu and from your expereince guys how are temps when gaming are they good compared to a atx case ? this will be for work and gaming I like the idea of a small case for my small desk and advice would be appreciated thank you.
P.S im getting the nr200 without the glass cover

Assuming you are going to side mount the radiator, and are not worried about flashing lights / RGB, then you can't go wrong with the Arctic Freezer 2. The 280mm version just about fits. It's tight, but doable. Alternatively the 240mm will probably be sufficient, though maybe a tad louder than the 280mm.

The air for the AIO will be getting pulled from outside the case through a well ventilated panel, so thermals will be just as good if not better than many Mid-towers.

Slap a couple of slim fans on the bottom (or 25mm fans if they will fit with your card) and two fans at the top for exhaust, and you will have a very well ventilated system.

Soldato
I don’t see any reason not to go for the artic cooling AIO range. You’ll not really benefit from that ‘RGB look’ with the mesh side. It’s a tight fit because the pipes come off the top of the block, but it does go in.

Associate
Assuming you are going to side mount the radiator, and are not worried about flashing lights / RGB, then you can't go wrong with the Arctic Freezer 2. The 280mm version just about fits. It's tight, but doable. Alternatively the 240mm will probably be sufficient, though maybe a tad louder than the 280mm.

The air for the AIO will be getting pulled from outside the case through a well ventilated panel, so thermals will be just as good if not better than many Mid-towers.

Slap a couple of slim fans on the bottom (or 25mm fans if they will fit with your card) and two fans at the top for exhaust, and you will have a very well ventilated system.

Thank you for the quick reply jclarke I just checked and my online store has the 280mm from artic (born2sk) I think he means the artic has no rgb and I could careless honestly.Jclarke what about the corsair series with 280mm are they any good or is the artic better? And what slim fans would you suggest?

Associate
No worries I have decided on the gigabyte b550 auros ax for the Mobo, is this a good psu the cooler master v850? I know I need 850 for the 3080ti. And for those small fans what would you suggest here are the cards measurements L=320 W=129 H=55 mm (2.7 slot).

Associate
No worries I have decided on the gigabyte b550 auros ax for the Mobo, is this a good psu the cooler master v850? I know I need 850 for the 3080ti. And for those small fans what would you suggest here are the cards measurements L=320 W=129 H=55 mm (2.7 slot).

I wouldn't get too fixed on the need for 850W unless you plan to Overclock both the CPU and GPU. In reality, 3080 cards run fine with a good 600W PSU. Therefore, you will be safe with a 750W one. I would recommend the Corsair SF 750W Platinum as the best option. It also has sleeved cables which makes cable routing much easier than the Cooler Master one.

As for slim fans, your graphics card is 3mm thicker than my Asus TUF 3080. I have Noctua NF-A12x15 in my case with just over 5mm clearance, so these would fit. They are however more expensive than others, so try to find Arctic's P12 Slim 120mm fans if you can. Don't go for anything thicker than 15mm, or I think you will run out of space.

As for the top fans, a couple of Arctic P12's 25mm thick fans should do the trick fine.

Associate
Just came back to the NR200P after trying out the Meshlicious, I can go into details if you want but ultimately feel the Nr200p is the much better case.

Anyway just got a new cooler to go in it and picked up the Scythe Mugen 5 black edition, fantastic looking cooler and fits with the TG panel no problem! More importantly temps are amazing to the point where it’s matching the kraken x63 that I had in the Meshlicious, will attach a screenshot below which results are from a 3DMark Time Spy stress test. Also shows ambient temps. I noticed that temps went down dramatically after switching the fan to intake instead of exhaust.

Also upgraded the top exhaust fans to Silent wings 3 and are so much quieter compared to the Arctic p12s I had there before, I no longer get awful motor noises above 1000rpm.

P33ecyL.jpg

SBXT1Pf.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/fcwgtFD/

Associate
A new re done water cooled NR200p

CPU 5800x cooled by the barrow cpu cooler, pump and water block combo.
GPU Asus tuf 6800xt with the alphacool block on.
Radiator is the corsair x5 280ml cooled by 2 antec p12 with 140mm to 120mm bracket.
32gb 3600 ram

The side glass panel has been mirrored as well which darkens the build so basically the GPU looks like it is floating. Also some copper purple carbon fibre effect at the front.

Soldato
Just finished my build in a white nr200p. Took me a few hours but overall the experience was quite good for a case so compact!.

The motherboard cable is a bit of a squeeze to sit nicely but i managed ok in the end. Probably not perfect cable management but not a bad effort.

Ill try and get a pic to bore you all with later lol.

Back
Top Bottom