Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Friend was looking at them and decided to treat myself to a run around for the summer. Makes no sense having another car in the city but will be nice for longer trips over the mountains etc. Not a fan of the 20" wheels but new tyres all round, but the sports exhaust sounds great and it's nifty enough that I don't need much more. Especially in a country where fines are based on income........

Prices seem pretty strong on them as well. Audio is excellent and modern enough with digital display with maps etc. Quick trip to Germany to test out full range and it did the trick nicely.

vhMnb8q.jpg.png

Soldato
Friend was looking at them and decided to treat myself to a run around for the summer. Makes no sense having another car in the city but will be nice for longer trips over the mountains etc. Not a fan of the 20" wheels but new tyres all round, but the sports exhaust sounds great and it's nifty enough that I don't need much more. Especially in a country where fines are based on income........

Prices seem pretty strong on them as well. Audio is excellent and modern enough with digital display with maps etc. Quick trip to Germany to test out full range and it did the trick nicely.

I feel you're winning at life when you consider that a "run around" :p

Soldato
How weird. I thought about your Cube whilst I was on the motorway today, behind an Elgrand that was knocking every luxury motor out of the right hand land with its presence lol.

Is it true they are built on the Micra platform? Is the interior a bit... naff?

Elgrands are proper cool! Think if I needed a space and seats I'd get one over an SUV!

They're k12 Micra underneath so yea, plastic on plastic as you'd expect from a Micra. Some rattles etc but it's basically a cheap runaround in Japan. Has got a million cupholders and storage spaces everywhere :D think if I counted right it has 8 cupholders, 4 in the front.

mate i 100% agree, they're a cool looking motor. Does it have overdrive? :rolleyes:

This one we have is a 1.5 CVT so no overdrive just a "sports" mode which keeps the revs higher.

Soldato

vhMnb8q.jpg.png
nice! Which engine?

Soldato
We love the colour glad we didn't spec a cost option.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they forgot to put paint over the primer, you should drop it back to get the topcoat applied :p

Looking really good, seen a few of these zipping about when over in Norway.

I approve of this, very very nice. Glad it has the PSE also for the great soundtrack.

Was at a JayEmm on cars shoot recently and he was reviewing one of these and it sounded ace even cruising by the cafe where we were located.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they forgot to put paint over the primer, you should drop it back to get the topcoat applied :p

Looking really good, seen a few of these zipping about when over in Norway.

I approve of this, very very nice. Glad it has the PSE also for the great soundtrack.

Was at a JayEmm on cars shoot recently and he was reviewing one of these and it sounded ace even cruising by the cafe where we were located.
BuT iT’s OnLy A fOuR cYlInDeR

Associate
I feel you're winning at life when you consider that a "run around" :p

A debate I've been having with myself recently. I've been very lucky with my job which makes it possible to buy anything without noticing impact...

The downside is that I work with very high levels of stress, long hours with a lot of responsibility and my hair is turning grey! My time driving this will be minimal.

So not exactly winning...

Saying that, I did manage to take out for a night cruise and it was a great break away from the tesla. Yeah it's not as fast with the acceleration but the sounds etc make it a hoot. Be sad when petrol goes.

Associate
nice! Which engine?

2.7, briefly considered the 3.4 but really it's just not necessary. A friend at a rival IB got caught in her very swanky car and the fine was just insane. Also the gearing quite long so it already puts you into higher speeds rather than being able to push through the rev range.

Oh and I bought on impulse. Hah

Associate

Yeah it sounds very nice. Sometimes a bit OTT when going down the gears and in normal area even in the land where everyone drives hypercars haha.

Soldato
A debate I've been having with myself recently. I've been very lucky with my job which makes it possible to buy anything without noticing impact...

The downside is that I work with very high levels of stress, long hours with a lot of responsibility and my hair is turning grey! My time driving this will be minimal.

Yeah, i guess that's the trade off. I hope for you it gives you an early retirement and plenty time to enjoy the fruits of your hard work :)

Associate
My eldest daughter bought me some cleaning products for my Birthday last week and with the sun due out I gave it a clean :D, then on Sat my youngest daughter tested positive for Covid so have been isolating since (then tested positive myself) so haven't actually driven it anywhere since and it's now covered in pollen :mad: and will be back to dodgy weather when I am allowed back out again!

I am still pondering getting the wheels done in Ferric grey but will possibly wait until they get chipped, or damaged or I run out of the matt wheel shampoo + matt detailer for them.

i.php

20210722120125-362f7492-xl.jpg

20210722120131-db8181a6-xl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom