** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
All i can say is in Feb/March four stores were still selling at RRP (or very close to it) and saying the wholesale prices were unaffected. Others were increasingly raising their prices in the same period, to the point where the aforementioned site was 15% more at the start of March and 30% more by the end of march. It was at this point those four sites started to crumble and hiked their prices by 15-20%, or more. During the intervening period stores that had sat in the middle had already hiked their prices to follow the trend. I could post charts and screenshots to demonstrate all this but it would no-doubt fall foul of the not mentioning competitors thing. I won't comment on where OCuk was in that spectrum, but the net result now is a card that rrp at £600 is now £950 pretty much wherever you go. I struggle to believe wholesale prices will have risen by 50%.

And without you having the information on those prices anything you claim is pure speculation.
Unless you know how much OC and competitors pay its just conjecture.

There are cards on the market now and they stay in stock, as more cards become available they will start reducing, thats all that matters.

Soldato
And without you having the information on those prices anything you claim is pure speculation.
Unless you know how much OC and competitors pay its just conjecture.

There are cards on the market now and they stay in stock, as more cards become available they will start reducing, thats all that matters.
how is it speculation to state facts about how the retail price is risen? I've got the screenshots. That is fact. A card costing £600 rrp now costs £950. Fact. What in that is speculation?

Associate
I just bought a Zotac 3070 Ti for £699 a couple days ago from a very reputable site. The same 3070 Ti was being sold for £529 on release day, in a very limited batch... Find it surprising that some places are selling 3070's for more than £700. The same place had the Gaming Z Trio 3080 for £1099 which is even more disproportiantly badly priced.

Associate
how is it speculation to state facts about how the retail price is risen? I've got the screenshots. That is fact. A card costing £600 rrp now costs £950. Fact. What in that is speculation?
I think the suggestion might have been that some of the retail price increase could apportioned to an increase in costs associated with the retailers getting hold of the cards (brexit, currency strength, shipping/logistics costs etc all increasing).

Clearly some retailers are absolutely having a laugh with their pricing, but if they were promised a supply of 1k units to sell and were expecting to make x% profit on them but have only been shipped 100 units then they might not be able to make enough money to keep the company afloat for example. I know it's an extreme, but just trying to make a point. Not saying it's justifiable, just that there might be a reason for it.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Second hand card prices are somewhat linked to retail card prices, as they are also impacted by supply/demand, and prices have definitely dropped over the past month... I've been tracking 1070 prices, and an Asus Strix OC was selling for £350 a month ago, whereas they rarely sell for over £300 right now, and some going for £260 at auction.

Also several news articles this last week of large scale mining operations selling of cards en masse, which must signal the start of some change.

Associate

The cards prices rising is fact.
The reasons for the rises is speculation.

Associate
I just bought a Zotac 3070 Ti for £699 a couple days ago from a very reputable site. The same 3070 Ti was being sold for £529 on release day, in a very limited batch... Find it surprising that some places are selling 3070's for more than £700. The same place had the Gaming Z Trio 3080 for £1099 which is even more disproportiantly badly priced.
The 3070ti is LHR so will always be less valuable than a 3070.

Associate
just seen asus dual rtx 3060 ti mini v2 oc edition lhr available at another store for £569 in stock, which seems reasonable in this mkt, if anyone looking

Associate
Drops are getting more frequent and more people reporting success each time, indicating the batch sizes are increasing... this is clearly the better route to a new card for a "cheap" price right now.
3060ti ran out after 15 odd mins, 3080ti was over an hour and a half before stock emptied. Longest time I've seen that take

Associate
This is tough luck as an 'introverted' customer of OC (bought ~£750 worth of bits over the last few years for myself and recommended OC to multiple friends whom I build PCs for) desiring a new video card for myself. I don't do forums or posts easily but am trying to only post when I've got something relevant to say but this stuff doesn't come naturally to me, yet I see no alternative.

I can understand why it's happening but it is painful to be in the pool of real customer with not enough forum activity.

To be fair, I'd never spam stuff to get access, that's wrong, but it's going to take me over a year I bet to get enough posts to access... and hopefully they contribute to this cool community where I've been lurking.

It could be worse, I'm still enjoying the 1070, it's not quite obsolete yet, I just can't drive the 144hz monitor I got myself from here for Christmas!
I agree, same here! Usually the odd new product gets me excited and I comment on it or questions if I come across any issues building/rebuilding pcs. Need to install a new gpu, aio and ql fans so I’ll probably come across issues like usual

Associate
By this time scalpers have probably run out of alternate address' / payment details.
And miners aren’t interested in the TI’s which helps. And the 1 address limit obviously. It’s annoying as I ordered one aaaages ago but want to get a 3080 but can’t unless I can over pay with other retailers. Eb is worth a scour though where resellers are flapping selling them off lower than most retailers

Associate
And miners aren’t interested in the TI’s which helps. And the 1 address limit obviously. It’s annoying as I ordered one aaaages ago but want to get a 3080 but can’t unless I can over pay with other retailers. Eb is worth a scour though where resellers are flapping selling them off lower than most retailers
That's good though, as it'll force the actual shops to lower their prices. Saw the Zotac 3070ti today go for £614.99 in retailer. Sold out quickly but at least some putting prices near normal. Mind you expect to see some of those appear on eb

Associate
That's good though, as it'll force the actual shops to lower their prices. Saw the Zotac 3070ti today go for £614.99 in retailer. Sold out quickly but at least some putting prices near normal. Mind you expect to see some of those appear on eb
Yeah, ive seen a few retailers list up cards that are now 10%+ cheaper on eb private sellers. Some retailers are slowly lowering their costs too, so be interesting to know if they are now being charged less so can lower their costs, or they are selling at a reduced margin or at a loss to get them gone maybe? I'm waiting for a lower end card to drop in price as I built my son a PC for XMAS but couldnt get a GPU so just got a Ryzen with integrated graphics instead. Hes only 7 and wants it for Minecraft so itll do, but ive got a few months to find him something better. Want to give it to him now but the mrs told me i need to stop giving him presents for the sake of it. Which is fair, I suppose haha

Associate
Yeah, ive seen a few retailers list up cards that are now 10%+ cheaper on eb private sellers. Some retailers are slowly lowering their costs too, so be interesting to know if they are now being charged less so can lower their costs, or they are selling at a reduced margin or at a loss to get them gone maybe? I'm waiting for a lower end card to drop in price as I built my son a PC for XMAS but couldnt get a GPU so just got a Ryzen with integrated graphics instead. Hes only 7 and wants it for Minecraft so itll do, but ive got a few months to find him something better. Want to give it to him now but the mrs told me i need to stop giving him presents for the sake of it. Which is fair, I suppose haha
Managed to snag a XSX for my son for his b'day and xmas present. it's collecting dust in the back of a cupboard at mo...my wife says we'll just have to get something else for xmas if we give it to him now. i know she's right, but still! What card are you looking at?

Back
Top Bottom