Seat Leon estate (I bought an Octavia VRS 230)

Soldato
Soldato
Now you're just being picky :p

Still, as a benchmark they at least show cars that are better value are out there (relatively speaking given nothing is good value at the moment).

Get some alerts set up on Autotrader and see what else becomes available in your preferred colours.

If a bargain 440i appears, I'd be selling mine, I'd even put a sticker over the first digit on the mileage for you :p

Soldato
OP
Haha, always wanted a white car and I think they look really good in that colour, also like the grey.

Currently have a red car and we don't want another :D

Soldato
To be honest I don't think they are particularly unreliable, just seems to be a more common occurrence that they have issues Vs the wet clutch alternatives. I'm sure plenty have them and never have an issue. Pot luck. I'd still take my luck with one as manuals just feel archaic now, especially when modern automatic (or semi automatic if pedantic) gearboxes are so good.

I heard something similar to this.

Would the performance (mpg and pull) not be better on the DSG 7 vs DSG 6?

Soldato
Is remapping vrs models more prevalent than other octavia models ? ... & can you easily tell and avoid that for long term ownership.

If you do a lot of inner city miles ..I'd be test driving a torque convertor auto box versus a DSG too, with the belief it will be smoother to drive and for longer term ownership more reliable. .. hence, my earlier, 508 comment

Soldato
If you won’t be adding many miles to it then higher mileage matters even less. When you come to sell, it will probably have lower than average mileage because of your use.

For the old shape Octavia VRS, I think you should be around 20K max. 25K is too much IMO, you can buy a brand new shape one for 29K…

Associate
Thoughts on this? Not too far from me.

From the pictures it's running winter tyres which seems an odd choice so I'd factor in a full new set of decent tyres. Other than that, and the mark on the front bumper as highlighted above it, seems decent. I've put ~40k on my 63 plate petrol VRS estate since I got it 4yrs ago, and other than needing a new water pump (appears to be a common issue ) it's been rock solid and have no real desire to replace it anytime soon.

Soldato
As above, looks tidy enough as a standard vRS. I suspect the winter tyres are a sign of how long that's taking someone to sell.

FYI, and partly why i'm finding it hard to jump and up and down about any of the cars you're posting, that car was advertised in late April this year at £18,490. That's just the state of the market at the moment though, you're going to be paying daft money for anything I suppose if you must buy now.

Edit - in fact, it's the same advert as from April I think:

Code:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202104281935521

The initial string of digits is the date the advert went live AFAIK - 2021-04-28.

So it was advertised at £18,490 in April, they've still not sold it but are now asking £20,490.

Should put you in a decent negotiating position, as they clearly had margin at £18,490 to begin with, it's not stock they've had to pay over the odds for in June or anything. On the other side of that coin, it's clearly not a car they're in any hurry to get off their forecourt.

Last edited:
Don
Jesus, I paid £16k for my 68-plate vRS 245 last September (30k miles) from a Skoda dealership. Prices are mental on second hand cars at the moment.

As for the car itself, it's awesome :D

Soldato
OP
As above, looks tidy enough as a standard vRS. I suspect the winter tyres are a sign of how long that's taking someone to sell.

FYI, and partly why i'm finding it hard to jump and up and down about any of the cars you're posting, that car was advertised in late April this year at £18,490. That's just the state of the market at the moment though, you're going to be paying daft money for anything I suppose if you must buy now.

Edit - in fact, it's the same advert as from April I think:

Code:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202104281935521

The initial string of digits is the date the advert went live AFAIK - 2021-04-28.

So it was advertised at £18,490 in April, they've still not sold it but are now asking £20,490.

Should put you in a decent negotiating position, as they clearly had margin at £18,490 to begin with, it's not stock they've had to pay over the odds for in June or anything. On the other side of that coin, it's clearly not a car they're in any hurry to get off their forecourt.

Ha, that's interesting!

I don't need to sell now, but I do want to shift in the cmax before a) the cam belt snaps or b) it's at the 10 years and people might question it.

Soldato
@rodders

Interested in a heavily modified car? :p

Just seen this posted in an owners group for sale at £17,950

Gathering interest due to a change in circumstances. For sale:
Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TSI (230) DSG
Full service history
1 previous owner from new
67 plate
18,600 miles
Optional extra’s:
Reversing camera
Folding / heated mirrors
Black pack plus
Speed sign recognition
Modifications:
Rieger front splitter in gloss black
Rieger side skirts painted in body colour
Rieger rear diffuser
Powder coated satin black exhaust covers
Milltek 3” cat back exhaust system
NV Motorsport 3” shielded decat
Racingline r600 intake
Revo charge pipe kit
Wagner intercooler kit
Apr coil packs
Gfb diverter valve +
Forge motorsport large intake pipe
Revo turbo muffler delete
Coding done by Sacha also.
Custom NV motorsport stage 2 tune with stage 2 dsg software
Dyno at 342.4bhp and 410 ft lbs of torque.
Just had 4 brand new Michelin pilot sport 4s tyres fitted.
Full service last September including spark plugs and brake fluid. Oil and filter change with millers nano drive done in April with new apr coil packs. Completed by midland vw.
1 small pin dent in bonnet from stone and same on drivers door. Couple of kerb marks to the passenger front wheel and a couple of stone chips on the front bumper. Otherwise it’s in fantastic condition!
Can come with all the standard parts too as everything was purchased brand new by me and fitted professionally by midland vw.
Looking for £17,950.00. Sale required quickly hence the price.
Over £6,000 worth of modifications on the car and maintained meticulously.
Located in Dudley, West Midlands.

Soldato
Would have thought a grand cmax was 'appreciating', percentage wise, more than a VRS .... tectonic shift to suv.

Does the modified VRS owner publish his insurance premium premium, would that offset the price.

Associate
It seems any petrol estate with > 150bhp and newish are just climbing in price, better to wait for a crash in the hopefully not to distant future and buy then tbh.

I've been looking for a few months and am either just going to go car-less or buy a beater to run until prices normalise.

Back
Top Bottom