Are Brembo a decent choice?

Soldato
Yes but unless its a sporty model not sure I would pay the Brembo premium. Would just get OEM or equivalent from Euro Car Parts (making sure to use their ever present discount codes)

ECP is like DFS, they always have a sale, and the prices are always artificially inflated. I priced up a pollen filter as I was going to be passing an ECP and knew it needed doing, fortunately they had a ‘SALE! UP TO 45% OFF!’ How could I possibly resist? Oh wait, the discounted price is still twice what either of the local factors charge for the same Bosch part.

Op, you can likely get genuine OE parts from TPS for a lot less than the dealer will charge and likely less than the Brembo parts (which from memory are simply a branding exercise at this point). TMD manufacture Padgid/Mintex etc. I’m Scotland and they’re decent, I wouldn’t pay a premium for Brembo in this application, it’s simply not worth it.

Man of Honour
In general, Brembo are a good product (I'm talking about the OEM type direct replacement rather than performance options)
With that said, I put them on my Civic Type-R and removed them within a fortnight because they were genuinely awful. But that isn't the norm in my experience.

Soldato
If you’re ever going to buy something from ECP go and see if it’s cheaper on CarParts4Less. All the parts I’ve recently bought have been a fair bit cheaper on CP4L and they’re normally delivered within 48 hours.

Same parent company so you can return things to ECP stores.

Permabanned
ECP is like DFS, they always have a sale, and the prices are always artificially inflated. I priced up a pollen filter as I was going to be passing an ECP and knew it needed doing, fortunately they had a ‘SALE! UP TO 45% OFF!’ How could I possibly resist? Oh wait, the discounted price is still twice what either of the local factors charge for the same Bosch part.

Op, you can likely get genuine OE parts from TPS for a lot less than the dealer will charge and likely less than the Brembo parts (which from memory are simply a branding exercise at this point). TMD manufacture Padgid/Mintex etc. I’m Scotland and they’re decent, I wouldn’t pay a premium for Brembo in this application, it’s simply not worth it.

Been ok for me in the past but obviously shop around, standard practice these days. :p

Soldato
Their OEM replacement ones (black?) seemed OK to me, had them on our MX5 ages ago.

I do agree with their performance ones, they've been terrible in my experience of Yellowstuff, Orangestuff and Bluestuff pads.

Ultimax II’s suck also. I rate EBC for two wheeled use, but wouldn’t fit any of the range on a car, I have never had a set that weren’t - at best - disappointing.

Soldato
Can echo the above, I had red stuff pads on the focus St and thought I had a caliper problem.

Swapped to Mountune performance pads and what a difference.

Soldato
My Elise had greenstuff when I bought it. They aren't awful but they don't have much bite to them and I think they started to fall to bits.

Soldato
Brembo are fine. For regular road use I generally go for TRW, or Pagid on cheaper cars.

Run EBC yellows in my other car and can't fault them. They bite well from cold, and once got they transform into something different altogether.

Soldato
Brembo are fine. For regular road use I generally go for TRW, or Pagid on cheaper cars.

Run EBC yellows in my other car and can't fault them. They bite well from cold, and once got they transform into something different altogether.
I like the power of the yellows in mine but they don't half squeal at low to medium pressure.

Back
Top Bottom