G30 5 series buying advice

Soldato
That wheel design seems to be particularly weak, seen a lot with rims bent so much the plastic pieces break off. They actually look decent without the plastic but you do end up with bolt holes behind.

Caporegime
Except they don't. The Audi A6 doesn't, the BMW 5 Series doesn't and the E Class doesn't. It doesn't matter whether you expect it to be standard, it isn't.

It's often been the case that 'lesser' brand cars come with more kit as standard - the Golf has had adaptive cruise as standard for years.

I don't disagree with you necessarily, it should be fitted and it's very good, but we can't change reality and reality is that it's one of the rarest options and very hard to find.

The 2021 E class comes with radar cruise as standard now :p ALong with active steering assist and active brake assist

Man of Honour
The 2021 E class comes with radar cruise as standard now :p ALong with active steering assist and active brake assist

Does it? The July 2021 brochure suggests it doesn't - cruise control with active speed limiter is standard but this isn't radar cruise.

Soldato
OP
Couple of weeks and about 3000 miles into 6 series ownership now.
Honestly can’t find anything to complain about it really does everything I want it to.

shiny and posh enough for the nice taxi customers
Munches miles like nothing else
900 mile round trip to Heathrow Yesterday having to grudgingly fill her up after 750 miles
Average 57mpg down and back
More than quick enough. A quick play the other night revealed it picks up its skirt and shifts down the road a lot quicker than you would expect a 520d to do well into silly bugger speeds
It’s exceptionally quiet on the move. Both nvh and engine noise is not offensive just a muted grumble

initial feedback is all positive and the only grumble is why did I not push the boat out and buy one a few years ago

Man of Honour
I don't think I'll ever understand why somebody would book a taxi to take them from Glasgow to Heathrow :D

If only there was a really fast and convenient option from Glasgow that took you directly into the terminal at Heathrow.

Soldato
OP
I don't think I'll ever understand why somebody would book a taxi to take them from Glasgow to Heathrow :D

If only there was a really fast and convenient option from Glasgow that took you directly into the terminal at Heathrow.

this week has seen

Helensburgh to Heathrow,
Milton Keynes to Glasgow
GLA - Gleneagles - GLA
and a couple of trips to oban

up the A82/A85 i would say the 5 is actually just as quick point to point as the XF she replaced despite being down a good 120bhp on what the XF had and certainly feels much more planted and corners fare better the the jag.

just waiting on the inevitable kerbing of the wheels to justify refurbing in a nice subtle silver. other mods planned include a wireless charging plate for the centre console( once i find a reasonably priced genuine bmw one) car play has already been done as has a boot liner. other than potentially a remap at some point i cant see anything else to do

Back
Top Bottom