WBAC Values

Soldato
I'm just in the process of selling mind through wizzle/carwow - get the impression it's a very similar setuo to motorway. Got to set my own asking price and has been very easy from there, provide ownership details once price agreed and arrange pickup.

Still needs to be seen to conclusion but all good so far, also got me circa £900 more than webuyanycar were offering ( on an £8k car so quite a big jump in Percentage terms)

Soldato
They've relaunched it as a 2 seat commercial version which is subject to less stringent emissions rules, but only approx 400 a year coming into UK and loads of dealers are pre-registering then selling 2nd had for thousands over RRP.

Suzuki have got more efficient engines available, but with the aero of a housebrick, I'm not sure even their mild hybrid 1.0 turbo would get it below 95g/km.
s!Aof4AsaL-3ykh5ZKcTBeSTl5AW5bTg
Saw a few chancers on AT saying that they are only "not a regular Jimny in the find detail"... like rear seats and normal cost road tax.

Soldato
It’s only really ‘profit’ if you don’t need to buy another car or downsize to something cheaper.

I could sell my house and make ££££££ profit, but where would I sleep :D

Soldato
Whilst that's true I can see a lot of 2 car households taking advantage of the current prices and making do with one for a time (that's effectively what I'm doing until next year). I suppose the gamble is whether the prices continue to rise in the time when I do actually need another decent car again, albeit offset with the risk that the focus needed significant expense if I kept it another year etc

Caporegime
It’s only really ‘profit’ if you don’t need to buy another car or downsize to something cheaper.

I could sell my house and make ££££££ profit, but where would I sleep :D

This. Its fine if you are downsizing on a house or moving to a much cheaper area otherwise, just like cars, its a profit on paper only as the replacement car will be costing more money as well.

So its only a profit from the car if you say own more than one and can easily live without one or you buy a much older cheap runaround on the basis that prices will fall back to normal next year.

Soldato
Not to do with WBAC, but I bought a car last year, 3 y/o ~32k on the clock for £12.5k - just looking on autotrader now and the same reg and mileage is still about £12.5k, if not a few hundered more, but when I came to reinsure the car with an online comparison site it automatically filled the value in with it's estimate.....of £7k! :confused:

Now I appreciate insurance always does value cars lower than retail price, but that did seem quite out of whack!

Soldato
Whilst that's true I can see a lot of 2 car households taking advantage of the current prices and making do with one for a time (that's effectively what I'm doing until next year). I suppose the gamble is whether the prices continue to rise in the time when I do actually need another decent car again, albeit offset with the risk that the focus needed significant expense if I kept it another year etc
This. Its fine if you are downsizing on a house or moving to a much cheaper area otherwise, just like cars, its a profit on paper only as the replacement car will be costing more money as well.

So its only a profit from the car if you say own more than one and can easily live without one or you buy a much older cheap runaround on the basis that prices will fall back to normal next year.
For sure. Across my two cars I did.........2500 miles in 18 months. Definitely makes sense to chuck it in, take the 6k, wait out the situation. However I really like that occasional drive.

Would do better to sell it and spend the £6k on experience/track days/rentals :p

Man of Honour
3 in ours although one is a track car and the other is a coupe. I've thought about getting rid of the BMW in the short term and ordering a new one but it's very hand for carting the dog about. Can't do that easily in the Civic (plus I'm not sure he'd like it) and there's no chance of him getting in the coupe.

OcUK Staff
OP
M140i sold to WBAC for what they quoted on the website. Exceptionally easy and £1500 more than BMW were offering in PX.

New car shortages seem to be getting worse not better, so be interesting what happens over Winter, will used cars soften or will they keep going up, if there is no dip during Winter then fair to say next year prices could really soar on certain cars.

Man of Honour
New car shortages seem to be getting worse not better, so be interesting what happens over Winter, will used cars soften or will they keep going up, if there is no dip during Winter then fair to say next year prices could really soar on certain cars.
Someone on the M3 group on Facebook said they've been told by Volvo the chip shortages are expected to go on until 2025.

The staff at WBAC told me they expect them to go down in the short term as September plates are released. They'd just bought another M140i, an F10 M5 and a 440i just before mine. It's a crazy, crazy world.

Associate
Just wondering if anyone can help with a hypothetical question...

M140i seems to be worth around £25-30k

I'm 27 months into a 48 month agreement. How do I workout whether it would be worth my time selling the car and ending the agreement...

I'm purely curious due to the increased value the car has gained since I valued it six months ago... Any help appreciated

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone can help with a hypothetical question...

M140i seems to be worth around £25-30k

I'm 27 months into a 48 month agreement. How do I workout whether it would be worth my time selling the car and ending the agreement...

I'm purely curious due to the increased value the car has gained since I valued it six months ago... Any help appreciated
Ring your BMW finance number and ask for a settlement figure. It'll be the cost you have remaining, less costs etc.

Back
Top Bottom