LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Anyone else find the magic remote battery use excessive?
We hardly use it, as the Sky Q remote is in use most of the time, yet I am now on the 3rd set of batteries, and not cheapo batteries either.
Got the TV in January.

Odd, I use my magic remote primarily and got my TV back in May 2020 and not changed them yet, I had a B6 prior for 4 years and can't even remember changing the batteries in the remote.

Soldato
Yep, the Magic Remote eats batteries. I had 10-15 of them in the lab at work along with let's say 50 other remotes - A Magic Remote would need new batteries maybe every month or two, whereas all the normal IR remotes together might have the same rate - one replacement out of 50, every couple of months.

Remember they use 2-way, 2.4GHz digital comms. Normal remotes just blindly blink an analog LED, uses no power at all.

Plus the Magic Remote has motion sensors so if it's always rolling around your sofa arm, that's eating battery too.

I don't enjoy the shape or practicality of them for my use, and the physical buttons aren't very useful to me. I don't care for the pointer so I just use a standard LG infrared remote. You could always have both for different uses.

Associate
The choice is yours, but as a new member of an OLED TV the tip was don't use wallpaper, desktop icons, and hide taskbar + bin leave the screen black also mix your content with games and streaming don't play the same game every day turn the OLED light to 40/50 if you don't follow the tips and suggestions then you will get a burn-in/Image Retention within a year or so.
what a load of nonsense..

Associate
Don't use wallpaper, desktop icons, Bin, Task Bar, leave the screen Black. Welcome to OLED:)
these are some serious overblown thin foil hat stuff..don’t use wallpaper? leave screen black? don’t play a game every day? lol none of that is necessary,whoever told you these was genuinely delusional about burn in.
All you need to do is be sensible,use and set screen saver for 5 mins or less and use variable content on the TV and that’s all.

you’re supposed to use and enjoy it not to treat in like a flawed prototype product..

Soldato
Anyone having an issue with the CX + 3080 on the latest nvidia driver with the in built speakers? Sound just refuses to work, do a full DDU removal and reinstall, works again then the next day sound refuses to work again, sounds like a driver bug as my headphones and speakers via jack to motherboard work fine. Anyone else had this?

Soldato
Anyone having an issue with the CX + 3080 on the latest nvidia driver with the in built speakers? Sound just refuses to work, do a full DDU removal and reinstall, works again then the next day sound refuses to work again, sounds like a driver bug as my headphones and speakers via jack to motherboard work fine. Anyone else had this?
This happens to me if I let the TV go into standby or power it down while the PC is still on. The PC decides that the default audio device should be something else, and hitting "troubleshoot" immediately fixes it (before it even runs the troubleshooter - I just select the Nvidia HDMI audio and it kicks in).

This only happens occasionally because my gaming PC gets turned on and off to play, not left 24/7.

Also very rarely (~3 times) I've had the TV randomly select a different output than "internal speakers". Can't remember if this was during PC use or normal TV.

Soldato
This happens to me if I let the TV go into standby or power it down while the PC is still on. The PC decides that the default audio device should be something else, and hitting "troubleshoot" immediately fixes it (before it even runs the troubleshooter - I just select the Nvidia HDMI audio and it kicks in).

This only happens occasionally because my gaming PC gets turned on and off to play, not left 24/7.

Also very rarely (~3 times) I've had the TV randomly select a different output than "internal speakers". Can't remember if this was during PC use or normal TV.

I'm convinced it's a driver issue, might roll back and see if that sorts it. Never had this issue prior to the current driver.

Associate
So I've noticed fast moving objects appear a bit janky in motion on my CX, is there some setting to sort this out? Seems to happen in both standard range and HDR content, using ISF Dark Room standard and Standard HDR I believe, but I notice it in other settings too

Soldato
Just got my Virgin TV 360 box set up and connected the BX OLED.

I've connected it via the HDMi 2.0 port, this is fine isn't it? Shouldn't limit any abilities of the box no?

Wasn't sure if it was best to connect it to my AVR instead of pass through sound via the TV?

The box does 4k HDR on Netflix and Netflix does Dolby Vision on the TV, assume I should just stick to the apps on the TV as opposed to using the box, no benefits really is there?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Ok, my TV (Samsung MU7000) developed lines down the screen, JL had it taken away to be repaired but they called yesterday, it can't be fixed apparently. Offered me a AU7100 worth just shy of £600, or pay the difference and upgrade.

I'm very tempted to pay the extra and get one of these (55"), I certainly don't want the one they offered.

However I'm a bit worried about burn in. We have Sky channels on a lot, Sky News, SSN, kids channels etc. all have logos of some kind. Are the burn in stories that bad or is it over blown?

I'm torn between this and the Samsung QN85....

Thoughts? Is it nothing to worry about and I should put away my tin foil hat or should I get the QLED and not worry?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Do you usually watch in a bright or dark room? I think you'll be happy with either option. You can always pay for the protect+ from JL which does cover burn-in for the 5 years.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Bit of both really, if my daughter is watching her stuff, Cbeebies etc, its in the day but we watch TV and film of an evening in low light too.

That said, my old TV was always only set to about 7 brightness and I only changed it a handful of times when it was really bright and we couldn't see it.

Good shout on the Protect+, didn't know it was a thing.

I'm going to go and have a look first hand and take a USB with some media on it, all the demos look lovely but I want to see what it really looks like.

Associate
However I'm a bit worried about burn in. We have Sky channels on a lot, Sky News, SSN, kids channels etc. all have logos of some kind. Are the burn in stories that bad or is it over blown?

Burn-in only happens when you leave it on for hours on one channel with allots of static there might be a risk. But in normal use in LG case there's an element that's static, and gently lowers the brightness of the pixels with the logo on (on those in very close proximity). By toning down the logo, the likelihood of the image being burned in is massively lowered – super-simple, and promises to be super-effective, it wait for two minutes before it starts dimming, and then lowers the brightness by up to 20%, over the course of around 90 seconds. It then stays at the lower brightness.

If you mix your TV content you be fine, plus take out the Protect+ by JL when you buy the OLED from them.:)

Protect+ POLICY TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
https://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/content/JohnLewis/Protect-Plus-Accidental-Damage-Terms-Conditionspdf

On page 2 Exclusions: We shall not be liable for. hope it helps you:)

Last edited:
Soldato
FYI - looks like a new firmware (03.23.25) has dropped which fixes the Dolby Vision @ 60/120Hz / Freesync issue.

Is there a way to get resolution and other program information when using streaming applications like Amazon Prime or AppleTV? Some hidden menu or button sequence?

Soldato
FYI - looks like a new firmware (03.23.25) has dropped which fixes the Dolby Vision @ 60/120Hz / Freesync issue.

Apparently this is not the DV 120hz update this is just for other minor bug fixes. The DV update is currently in testing and can only be accessed with the engineering remote which lets you update to the beta version 03.30.05.

Can't be long now until official release.

Soldato
Apparently this is not the DV 120hz update this is just for other minor bug fixes. The DV update is currently in testing and can only be accessed with the engineering remote which lets you update to the beta version 03.30.05.

Can't be long now until official release.
I think you're right. It looks like the update disabled Freesync on the HDMI inputs. When re-enabled; it is back to previous results. Eh.

Back
Top Bottom