Post Your Garden!

Caporegime
What is your patio made of? We've just used easyjoint on 64sqm of smooth sandstone and it was fantastic. 10mm gaps and 1200x600 slabs used 4 tubs. Perfect finish and it was incredibly easy. Could probably do it in an hour and zero mess. We took about 2 hours and spent time running along each joing a few times with a pointing iron to really compact it in. Probably unnecessary though.

It's limestone.

900*600 slabs (that probably doesn't matter mind.
Good to know 4tubs worked for you though, some of the gaps will be smaller some larger on ours, so I'm tempted to try it.

I need to clean them up first probably as I made a bit of a mess laying them.

Soldato
Fencing, decking and seating area sorted out this year. Purchased a sun sail which has been fantastic value for £20.

a46HIuF_d.webp

Spoiler - how it was when we moved in a few years ago.

l4TcI1S_d.webp

Still have the walls to be repointed, and a summer house/ home office built.

Soldato
Fencing, decking and seating area sorted out this year. Purchased a sun sail which has been fantastic value for £20.

a46HIuF_d.webp

Spoiler - how it was when we moved in a few years ago.

l4TcI1S_d.webp

Still have the walls to be repointed, and a summer house/ home office built.
Like that! Where is your new shed? :D

Soldato
Thanks guys, the shed is in the outhouse to the right.
Glad with how the grass is this year, the levelling seems to have stopped water pooling. More aeration and topping up with good draining top soil will only help.
The clematis was ony planted this year but has shot up from less than 1m to 3+m in parts now, looking forward to that flowering next year.

Soldato
@Molep use decking risers to support the frame, start with the highest and if it's very uneven take away some of the slabs underneath to double up where the riser will sit. As this came forward of the patio that part was 100mm fence posts concreted into the ground every 1m.
The frame is C24 75*100 with a length across the middle, galvanised heavy duty angle brackets to join. C24 50*100 joists, all pressure treated, attached with mini joist hangers.

Soldato
I'm going to be pointing my patio soon, been given advice on doing it manually (cement, soft sand, plastering sand), or I can spend a small fortune on buying EasyJoint.

Thoughts?

It's about 37sqm

I'd do the old fashioned way.

We had ours easyjointed and it just doesn't last.

3 years on I'm having to look at getting it repointed already. It just crumbles and it easily dislodged by the power washer even at a distance.

Associate
One from the roof of a bungalow we doing up, not been touched yet really only work to pond. Crappy artificial grass there as a temporary measure to help the frogs earlier in the year.
Has lots of potential, but next year.
bj4Q6vl.jpg

jaepyNF.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
After a long 8 months, work on the garden has finally started! It's just over a week in now and I reckon they'll be working on this for a few more weeks. Hot tub area's moving to the left, games room currently being built.

We started with this: 4s7Twh2.jpg.png

Currently it looks like this:

hBCdQeB.jpg.png

Soldato
Seems a shame to have gotten rid of such nice established trees which would provide so much nice shade along with all the other benefits.

It looked so much bigger in the before picture, interested to see what its like in the end.

Back
Top Bottom