Dead Space (Remake)

Soldato
Just as an example I played Just Cause 2 to death and loved that game but not sure whether I would buy a remake especially after the disappointing JC4. Sometimes good gaming memories should be left there. In the memory.

I played JC2 for soo long after pre-ordering it on release and thought it was amazing.

Because I enjoyed it soo much, soo many memories, I never felt the urge to play the others which I know sounds really weird. I actually went back and played the first which I appreciated more second time round.

Back on topic though, a "Remake" makes no sense, just another example of the AAA gaming industry being creatively mute.

Soldato
I played JC2 for soo long after pre-ordering it on release and thought it was amazing.

Because I enjoyed it soo much, soo many memories, I never felt the urge to play the others which I know sounds really weird. I actually went back and played the first which I appreciated more second time round.

Back on topic though, a "Remake" makes no sense, just another example of the AAA gaming industry being creatively mute.

JC3 is not bad the carnage you can string together with a couple of grapple hook mods is hilarious. Played through that 3 times. JC4 is just a turkey they couldnt even get the cut scenes right.

Associate
I only needed a controller with bit of the first game, two and three were not a problem with KB and mouse.

Initially though you couldn't remap the keyboard / mouse controls in the first and second game (don't know about the third), which rendered it quite unplayable for some (or completely unplayable in the case of one disabled forummer).

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I'm excited as I've never played any of the dead space games

Get ready to cream yourself. I was so immersed in the game particularly after you watched the anime movies that explains what happened to the base and everyone on it. It ends with the ship you arrive in at the start of the game. So yeah pretty scary. Lol

It's on YouTube.

Last edited:
Get ready to cream yourself. I was so immersed in the game particularly after you watched the anime movies that explains what happened to the base and everyone on it. It ends with the ship you arrive in at the start of the game. So yeah pretty scary. Lol

It's on YouTube.

I had no idea this existed, amazing, thanks for posting!

Soldato
Thought I'd fire up the original, this thread had me craving some space zombie action.

I played it originally on the Xbox, but I picked it up ages ago when it was going cheap on Origin.

To be fair, it's not a bad looking back.

p1nnvbL.jpg

VO5JYJU.jpg

8EV64pF.jpg

slCn1Ja.jpg

But the mouse controls are god awful.
I heard the problems were tired to Vsync, but turning that off caused further problems in the game, flying corpses and I was unable to progress past an open door due to an invisible barrier.
Apprently there are ways to fix this with varying degrees of success. But I'm not sure whether I should persevere or just jump to Dead Space 2.

I was initially dismissive of the remake, but after trying the original again, if the price is right, I think i'll buy it.

Soldato
Hah, my overriding memory of this game is the dodgy mouse controls and iirc there was a chap on these forums who gained some traction pointing out that the limited control bindings option in the sequel were severely hampering his ability to play the game.

Caporegime
Here's my tip - USE A CONTROLLER! :D The game is clearly designed for one, with the stasis function it's not a fast twitch shooter for which you need mouse precision anyway. It's a shame to be put off if you aren't satisfied with the mouse.

Soldato
Here's my tip - USE A CONTROLLER! :D The game is clearly designed for one, with the stasis function it's not a fast twitch shooter for which you need mouse precision anyway. It's a shame to be put off if you aren't satisfied with the mouse.
Fast or slow paced, controllers for shooters is ***** :p

But the mouse controls are god awful.
I heard the problems were tired to Vsync, but turning that off caused further problems in the game, flying corpses and I was unable to progress past an open door due to an invisible barrier.
Apprently there are ways to fix this with varying degrees of success. But I'm not sure whether I should persevere or just jump to Dead Space 2.

I was initially dismissive of the remake, but after trying the original again, if the price is right, I think i'll buy it.
Try this fix. I haven't used it myself but other fixes in the past have made the controls much better and this seems to be a more modern solution.

Associate
Soldato

What heresy is this?!

Try this fix. I haven't used it myself but other fixes in the past have made the controls much better and this seems to be a more modern solution.

Thanks! That's actually made it playable.

Forgot how damn scary this game is, some very unnerving sounds and lighting.

Soldato
Initially though you couldn't remap the keyboard / mouse controls in the first and second game (don't know about the third), which rendered it quite unplayable for some (or completely unplayable in the case of one disabled forummer).

They never fixed the remapping for the first game. As a leftie I found it extremely frustrating that I couldn't remap the arrow keys, which I've been using for movement in PC games ever since Doom.

But a modder managed to reverse engineer the mapping file (which was in binary, so not easily editable) and released a mapping tool. That along with the mouse fixes made it into a decent PC game.

As for the second game, I started a new playthrough recently only to encounter a bug where stasis stops working and you can no longer progress. This is an old bug which EA never fixed! There's no workaround or user fix either. Hours of gameplay lost. :mad:

Associate
Never actually played the first one. I got 2 and thought it was brilliant, and enjoyed 3 so bought 1 and instantly regretted it when I found out you couldn't change the keybinds. Mental.

Soldato
This seems totally pointless to me. As stated already in the thread the original still isn't a bad looking game. I liked the first two Dead Space games and would much prefer a new game than this.

Forget the third game exists and continue the story after the second game.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Meh. It's a great game but I've already played it. Doesn't even seem like that long ago either. Boring idea.

Back
Top Bottom