Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
An box.

rothwell-bo_opeed.jpg

Soldato
This was the start.
Furniture board carcass, MDF wood box, normal kitchen cabinet feet. Routed a 6.5mm slot in the carcass to insert a 6mm mdf back panels.
UpacPqC.jpg

Shelves, and a centre beam for the doors to close on to, and kick plate (I had to put another one on top, I messed up a bit here). I was originally going to have magnets to hold the doors shut, but the hinges I bought have soft close and keep the doors in the closed position so didn't need it really.
txATaUw.jpg

Loose tenon shaker doors. 18mm rails + stiles. 6mm mdf panel.

bIeaBtB.jpg

Fitted to the cabinet:
ixTJeH5.jpg

Side fillets + scribed top shelf, also second kick plate (from the **** up earlier) to get the doors flush to.
TyqXWbG.jpg

This is the profile I routed on to the top shelf. This is the only thing I wish I did differently. I think a 'chunkier' top would have looked better, but I only have a router with a 1/4 inch chuck. You need 1/2 inch routers really and a router bench to do chunkier stuff. I still think the end result looks good, but it's quite easy to not notice the profile. As you can tell from my choice of decor in the house, I love a good profile, so I know it's there and that's all that matters :D
gqd0eSU.jpg
Added 18mm quadrant beading to the opening of the wood box. Also can see the profile in this shot. The top sits better than in this photo now, one of the nails I put through the beading before the glue went off stuck through the top and was holding the top shelf up.
UJdCfdH.jpg

And that's it really, fitted the skirting. What seemed like weeks and weeks of painting sanding and filling and that's it.

Some other things: jigsawed out the back panels of the cabinets for power sockets + internet stuff, added cable tidies on top.

Impressive work!

Depends on the game.

Some people like them to be programmed for shortcuts particularly for like mmo's etc. I could see the appeal for use in some apps, but not many.

I've got two extra on mine, and I only use one of them really.
Pretty much what I was thinking and given that mouse does everything the guy wanted he probably plays FPS. Once you have a mouse that is good enough the fit is the most important factor.

Back
Top Bottom