Matte Paint - Treatments

Man of Honour
Soon to receive a new motah! I'm planning on using Dr Beasley’s Matt Paint Coating and some other Dr Beasley's products later. With RainX on the windows.

Has anyone any personal experience of using this or similar products on their matte paint car? And I'd welcome any comments from anyone who has used longer lasting ceramic products on matte paint, either self-applied or having a local detailer do it.

Associate
I went to look at a Cupra Formentor a few months ago. They had a matte gray car in the showroom. The salesman said, you can’t polish it. You can’t protect it. You must use Cupra approved cleaning products. If you get bird crap on it up you must bring it in for assessment and cleaning and if you scratch a door, we’ll take around £3k off you to re spray it.
Matte cars: look great in the showroom, but like a unkept car with sun bleached paint in the outdoors, and totally impractical to keep.

If you must, get a matte wrap and then you can undo your mistake two weeks later.

Soldato
Yep, a bit pointless. If you want matt it's WAY less hasstle to wrap it as you can be rough with the vinyl and not damage it. Or use plastidip.

Associate
I had a matt wrap and that was ok to look after as they vinyl is forgiving. I would not have matt paint though as you can not protect it without ruining the look.

As for the Rain-X I don't like the stuff as used it years ado it smeared first thing on a cool morning and you had to wait until the screen got warm. I have ceramic coated my screen instead and rarely have to use wipers only in drizzle below 30 and zero smearing.

Soldato
TBH Best thing for windscreen is just keep it clean. Use rubbing alcohol. If you get it clean enough water just runs off it anyway.

Man of Honour
blngvji.jpg

I bought this for my car which has Matt paint married to some pp

Too early to conclude but like the quick detailing stuff.

Soldato
My 2nd 595 comp. was in matte. It actually was more of a sheen that a flat matte. It was a lovely colour. For that I just used Chem Guys Meticulous Matte Shampoo, followed by Auto Finesse Aqua Coat. I'd then sometimes go over with Gyeon Q2M Cure Matte. Really great beading results and protected it well. :)

Soldato
I had a matt wrap and that was ok to look after as they vinyl is forgiving. I would not have matt paint though as you can not protect it without ruining the look.

As for the Rain-X I don't like the stuff as used it years ado it smeared first thing on a cool morning and you had to wait until the screen got warm. I have ceramic coated my screen instead and rarely have to use wipers only in drizzle below 30 and zero smearing.
Interesting you say I was thinking of ceramic coating my windscreen as well!

Soldato
I believe water sheeting rather than beading is a better indicator of paint protection

guy down the road has a new jeep wrangler with matt black paint - running past just after todays thunderstorm ,
the side vertical panels look soaked, definitely not beading, so, like a car with no wax/polish (well mine before I srp+glossed it yesterdsay)
they had a cayenne before that so pretty sure they would not be skimping.

Man of Honour
Mine has PPF on many areas and outside of the roof line on the carbon roof you can’t distinguish the difference.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the responses. After researching several options, including getting nonsensical advice from Supagard and the dealer, I'm back at plan A, which is to self-apply Dr Beasleys. Yes, I've seen all the comments about self-applying... I'll let you know how I get on.

Back
Top Bottom